Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to call this(specified function in description) in this place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to call this(specified function in description) in this place?

DO I need to call this function on a server?
    I have a SHealthComponent (which handles the incoming damage) and ExplosiveBarrel -- owns the SHealthComponent and add explosion effects

ExplosiveBarrel.h

Spoiler

ExplosiveBarrel.cpp

Spoiler

SHealthComponent.h

Spoiler

SHealthComponent.cpp

Spoiler

Oh, only after a restarting the VS I have seen that this is not working w/o this function, So if you do something like this, you should call a function in this situation.

Comment

OnRep gets called on the clients when necessary as in if the value has changed. OnRep isn't called on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by GarnerP57 View Post
        OnRep gets called on the clients when necessary as in if the value has changed. OnRep isn't called on the server.
        Excellent, thank you for your reply!

How should I call it in BP(if I set RepNotify on a variable, and then it creates a function wich can not be placed, so i can call it in any way in BP as it says: "This function was not called as blueprint callable")?
        Last edited by EminentEIement; 02-18-2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Blueprint RepNotify also gets called on the server but in C++ you need to call the OnRep_ function manually if you want it to be called on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by GarnerP57 View Post
            Blueprint RepNotify also gets called on the server but in C++ you need to call the OnRep_ function manually if you want it to be called on the server.
            Thanks, I do appreciate your help!

Comment

Working...
            X