How to detect Steam VR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to detect Steam VR?

Currently my game is running well when launched through oculus home, but when the game is run through steam vr the eye height is significantly higher. I've run through everything I can find online about setting eye height to 0, setting the origin like so GEngine->XRSystem->SetTrackingOrigin(EHMDTrackingOrigin::Eye), and resetting GEngine->XRSystem->ResetOrientationAndPosition(); Nothing works. My pawn is a sphere root comp and the camera is dead center. The camera is offsetting by the distance to where my real floor would be. So I want to detect if the game is running via steam vr so I can do some wonky stuff to fix this. I cannot find a way to do this. I find the device name, I can find the platform name, but not if it's steam vr or oculus. Many people use their oculus through steam vr so I can't rely on device name.

Any ideas?

Hey,

I am also looking for a way to detect if game is running Steam VR or Oculus. Did you find a solution to this?

I'm considering using the following, but I'm unsure if this is the best way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-388.png
Views:	33
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1726459
    PLAYNE : The Meditation Game

Comment

Working...
    X