No announcement yet.

AddTorque and GetActorLocation weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't figure it out. I've tried different settings but the only way I can have collision is to enable physics on child, which detaches it from root during simulation, with physics disabled I don't get any collision. Attaching my current setup:Click image for larger version

Name:	COM_and_plane_body.png
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1056849
    Youtube Channel

Comment

So it's just doesn't work with landscape - just flies through it. But if I place a simple box with physics enabled, I can collide with it just fine. The only issue is that none of the force of collision is transferred back to my pawn - it's mass is 100kg and it pushes easily without stopping a box of 6647kg mass. Not sure what is going on here.
      Youtube Channel

Comment

The collision happens between a non physics object (fuselage) and a physics object (simple box) and I guess that in this case the non physics object just pushes aside all physics objects.

This is just an idea and I haven't tried it myself. It might fail miserably, but what if you enable physics on the fuselage on the point of impact or just prior to it while disabling the physics of the root object at the same time?

Comment

Might try that. Ori Cohen explained how GetCOM can be exposed in C++: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...r-of-mass.html
          Not sure, it's kind of weird that it's so hard or simply unclear how multi-body collision can be done for Actors.
          Youtube Channel

Comment

Working...
          X