X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SerzaNT View Post
    After migration to 4.24 i have following ensureMsgf:

Code:
    LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: SyncGroup.GroupLeaderIndex == INDEX_NONE [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/Animation/AnimInstanceProxy.cpp] [Line: 706]
    SyncGroup with GroupIndex=1 had a non -1 group leader index of 0 in asset CharacterMesh0
    Did anyone encounter this problem?
    This looks like something that would be in your Anim Instance, your Anim BP asset, are you using sync groups?

UE4 Sync Groups
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ups/index.html

Does this ensure happen every time you restart editor / run PIE?

Does it happen if no characters are in the level and you just use the DefaultPawn?

"SyncGroup with GroupIndex=1 had a non -1 group leader index of 0 in asset CharacterMesh0"

Solution may be as simple as changing your sync group in whatever Anim BP is triggering this ensure.

Rama
    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

I had to change my

Code:
      #include "AllowWindowsPlatformTypes.h"
      into

Code:
      #include "Windows/AllowWindowsPlatformTypes.h"

Simple fix, but slightly annoying.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200217-16_01_02Clipboard.png
Views:	1021
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1722272

This is what shows up for me when loading my 4.22 project in 4.24.

ShooterGame works just fine with the same engine build, so I've been comparing them both to see if I can spot any differences but so far I haven't found any.

Any clever ideas? I've deleted Intermediate/Binaries/DerivedDataCache as well but to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Lundmark View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200217-16_01_02Clipboard.png
Views:	1021
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1722272

This is what shows up for me when loading my 4.22 project in 4.24.

ShooterGame works just fine with the same engine build, so I've been comparing them both to see if I can spot any differences but so far I haven't found any.

Any clever ideas? I've deleted Intermediate/Binaries/DerivedDataCache as well but to no avail.
          UncookedOnly is a new Project Type that came with 4.24. Likely your Project isn't pointing to the right engine version (right click on your uproject and select "Switch Unreal Engine Version"), or you didn't rebuild UHT when you downloaded the latest engine (if you're building from source).
          Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

UncookedOnly is a new Project Type that came with 4.24. Likely your Project isn't pointing to the right engine version (right click on your uproject and select "Switch Unreal Engine Version"), or you didn't rebuild UHT when you downloaded the latest engine (if you're building from source).
            Thanks for replying, Matt.

They are pointing at the same version. Same path and same engine association ID. Same configuration too. See why I am confused?

Will rebuild again!

Edit: I deleted "Intermediate" and the x64/x86 folders inside "Binaries" and then rebuilt the Engine. Works now!
            Last edited by Stefan Lundmark; 02-17-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Anyone getting this error when building a linux server with 4.24.2? "ERROR: Server targets are not currently supported from this engine distribution."

This is from a command line driven build using UnrealBuildTool.exe <project> Linux Shipping

Worked before I updated to 24.

I installed the latest Linux compiler : https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ted/index.html and tested that it is the correct version.

I have cleaned, rebuilt all, etc. I can't find much documentation about this error and it is the only error I get when building. The game client builds and works great.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottBrown View Post
                Anyone getting this error when building a linux server with 4.24.2? "ERROR: Server targets are not currently supported from this engine distribution."

This is from a command line driven build using UnrealBuildTool.exe <project> Linux Shipping

Worked before I updated to 24.

I installed the latest Linux compiler : https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ted/index.html and tested that it is the correct version.

I have cleaned, rebuilt all, etc. I can't find much documentation about this error and it is the only error I get when building. The game client builds and works great.
                Ī've always been told by people with published multiplayer games that you need to use an engine source build to create a dedicated server build. I don't know what the specific issue is, but it seemed like that's all you had to do and it would work.

Comment

So, for now, no way to generate C++ classes correctly in UnrealEditor with new build settings enabled? Manual work needed. Example:
                  • Create an empty C++ project
                  • Create any class in UnrealEditor inside some subfolder with public/private structure enabled
                  • Build failed because of default header has the name "ActorName.h"
                  Not convenient... And definitely it is not correct behavior, because the build failed.

Every time you need to add a full classpath to the header or add PublicIncludePaths.

Comment

If using GetComponentsByClass in C++ , Epic wrote following "This intended to only be used by blueprints. Use GetComponents() in C++."

OLD code
                    Code:
                    TArray<UActorComponent*> OwnersComponents = ComponentOwner->GetComponentsByClass(UShapeComponent::StaticClass());
                    NEWCode
                    Code:
                    TArray<UActorComponent*> OwnersComponents;
                            ComponentOwner->GetComponents(UShapeComponent::StaticClass(), OwnersComponents,false);

Comment

GetAnimationTrackIndex is no more a part of USkeleton, there is the GetRawAnimationTrackIndex, but it is not a 100% replacement, how can I still get the same output if I dont want to use RawData?

Comment

Tried migrating a project from 4.22 to 4.24.3, and all the engine includes are now broken. #include "CoreMinimal.h" for example does not work anymore unless I type in the full directory "Runtime/Core/Public/CoreMinimal.h". And when I create a new project there is no include problems at all.

I honestly couldn't find anything to fix this issue

Comment

Wolfie_v7
                          It won't happen if you'd opt-out from BuildSettingVersion.V2 by commenting out appropriate line in your Target.cs
                          4.24 suggest adding this, I added that, seen these issues, commented out for now

Comment

Hi guys having some trouble saving and reading
                            Code:
                            FGameplaytagContainer
                            to binary file. It apparently only takes in a
                            Code:
                            FStructuredArchive:Slot
                            . I'm a little confused as to how go about creating one and saving it to a file. I'm doing this for a plugin to save it out to just a binary file and trying to read that back in

Comment

Where do I put the code below? (i.e the code provided by El-Magic 16)

After 4.24:

Code:
                               "Modules": [
                              {
                              "Name": "Debug",
                              "Type": "DeveloperTool",
                              "LoadingPhase": "PreDefault", "WhitelistPlatforms": [ "Win64", "Win32", "Mac", "Linux" ] } ]
                              [/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X