Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increase device global heap size - (DirectX 12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase device global heap size - (DirectX 12)

Hello,

I'm currently using 4.23.1, and porting my C++ project from DX11 to DX12.

After selecting "DirectX 12" as my default RHI (UE4 -> Project Settings -> Platforms -> Windows -> Default RHI = DirectX 12) and restarting the Editor, Output Log keeps on firing the following warning messages.

Code:
    LogD3D12RHI: Warning: Descriptor cache ran out of sub allocated descriptor blocks! Moving to Context local View heap strategy
    LogD3D12RHI: Warning: This should only happen in the Editor where it doesn't matter as much. If it happens in game you should increase the device global heap size!
    LogD3D12RHI: Warning: OnlineHeap RollOver Detected. Increase the heap size to prevent creation of additional heaps
    It is obvious that I need to increase heap size.

Since UE4 Project Compiler/Linker settings are not visible in Visual Studio 2019, I tried searching for "heap" in engine's ToolChain files. No way! I think I'm missing something...

Would anyone please tell me the proper way for increasing device global heap size?

Hi matahari , I've got the same issue in a 4.24.2 project, do you have any solution to this ?

Comment

Hi Teapot Creation , I'm afraid no... Still having the same issue with 4.24.3.

Comment

Also here: having the same issue in 4.25.3. It's also in the logs when running a packaged (development) project. No solutions?

Comment

Bump with Unreal engine 4.25.3.

Comment

I get the same issues on 4.25.4
            Consider supporting me on patreon

Weapon Master and VRE Merge TUT

Life Art Studios | Discord | End of Days - VR Zombie Survival

Comment

Working...
            X