UE4 Gameplay Ability System With MMO Starter Kit By Codespartan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE4 Gameplay Ability System With MMO Starter Kit By Codespartan

Hi So I've Been Trying To Solve This For Almost Three Months Now And I Really Need Guidances Here On How To Do This So Here We Go

So I've Been Using CodeSpartan MMO Starter Kit(https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...mo-starter-kit) For The Base Of My Project for Almost AYear Now And Im At The Point Where I Need To Setup UE4 Gameplay Ability System Into The Kit

1.So The Kit Have Hotbar And Ability System Using Data Asset Inherit From C++ Ability.h where in there there are attributes for the blueprint logic rn I Wanna Configure That To Be Compatible With UE4 Gameplay Ability System But I Have No Idea HOW To Do This

2. i use this template when i first attempted to set it up for the second time last month https://github.com/Narxim/Narxim-GAS-Tutorial its setup the base gameplay ability system which in player state where i can grant the ability but the problems still remain with the data asset

3.So from ability.h u can see there the attribute that already in there such as name icon description animation fx like that right so i wanna remove most of them except damage type name icon description and replace with GAS where i can set what GA i want that specific ability data asset to have then in Use Ability fucntion in MMOCharacter based on the chosen target and damage type i wanna activate ability by the GA i already set in the data asset

4.in mmoplayerstate (where when if u set up the template i said in the thread and reparent the mmmoplayer state to the c++ player state) in the last pic u can see on the right there are ability system section where in the template where the granting of GAS i wanna use that specificly with the hotbar

I Asked For Help For the Past 3 Months in discord server unreal slackers but not getting the help i needed

here where all the data asset being reference and how the logic is works

please contact me on discord KhaiSaki#1061 (i'll give a cutdown version of the kit) if u can help me or post any useful information that can help me

hope i can finally get the help i needed for this and have a great day
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KhxiSaki; 09-04-2019, 08:09 AM.

anyone can still help me?im willing to answer some questions if u dont understand my problems and i can go in depth

Comment

hi anyone can still help me with this?im still have no solution for this and butting my head figuring out how to do this exactly

Comment

Should be more precices of what you want to do. How is the MMO startkit relevant? If you have a hotbar and buttons, then fire the ability whent he button is clicked. Never used either of them.
        DebugWidget - Helper for debugging in VR
        WidgetBox - Recycle your widgets the smart way
        NotificationBackbone - Send notifications via Feeds
        SteamWorkhop - Blueprint and Cpp
        UnrealPluginBuilder - Package via Drag&Drop
        RuntimeMeshImportExport - Sync and Async

Comment

Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post
          Should be more precices of what you want to do. How is the MMO startkit relevant? If you have a hotbar and buttons, then fire the ability whent he button is clicked. Never used either of them.
          i wanna redo the logic of the kit existing "ability system" that come with this kit with the use of UE4 Gameplay Ability System Here https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...tem/index.html the kit "ability system" use data asset to determine what what the animation fx the cost everything in that and the attributes from the data asset is being called in the ability.h in the picture above.i wanna rewrote the kit "ability system" to make it compatible with UE4 Gameplay Ability System Sinche The GAS have all the necessary code that i needed and its multiplayer ready and im willing to give a copy of the kit or my project rn im really need help here the purpose of me giving a copy/show my main project(its not that big as of now only 3gb+) so someone can go look the code and help me solve this i have no idea how can i solve this atm

Comment

anyone can help me with this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by KhxiSaki View Post

i wanna redo the logic of the kit existing "ability system" that come with this kit with the use of UE4 Gameplay Ability System Here https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...tem/index.html the kit "ability system" use data asset to determine what what the animation fx the cost everything in that and the attributes from the data asset is being called in the ability.h in the picture above.i wanna rewrote the kit "ability system" to make it compatible with UE4 Gameplay Ability System Sinche The GAS have all the necessary code that i needed and its multiplayer ready and im willing to give a copy of the kit or my project rn im really need help here the purpose of me giving a copy/show my main project(its not that big as of now only 3gb+) so someone can go look the code and help me solve this i have no idea how can i solve this atm
              what do you mean with redo the logic? You have a hotbar and at some point the buttons trigger the abilities. Instead of firing an ability of his ability system, fire an ability of the unreals ability system.
              DebugWidget - Helper for debugging in VR
              WidgetBox - Recycle your widgets the smart way
              NotificationBackbone - Send notifications via Feeds
              SteamWorkhop - Blueprint and Cpp
              UnrealPluginBuilder - Package via Drag&Drop
              RuntimeMeshImportExport - Sync and Async

Comment

Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

what do you mean with redo the logic? You have a hotbar and at some point the buttons trigger the abilities. Instead of firing an ability of his ability system, fire an ability of the unreals ability system.
                that what im trying to solve man here what i've done for the past couple of days i create a data asset that inherit from the kit hotbarobject(for drag and drop it onto the hotbar then i create a new function to use the ability when its on the hotbar but its isnt firing when i fire it here what i've done my the gitlab repo of the project currently

https://gitlab.com/KhaiSaki/theblackfallonline
                Attached Files

Comment

what im trying to achieve from that is i essentially wanna trying to do something similiar to the template where it grant the ability in player state if i put GA in it but instead i create a data asset where i can set what GA will be on it and from the Use Ability Function im activate it but rn i think i have problem granting the ability or i code the logic either in bp or c++ wrong

Comment

Have you looked into the ActionRPG example project? It has a lot of the functionality you described programmed in it. Only downside is it isn't multiplayer built.

this guide is pretty detailed on the multiplayer aspects and also provides an example project: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...sample-project

Comment

Originally posted by NoSpaceGameDev View Post
                      Have you looked into the ActionRPG example project? It has a lot of the functionality you described programmed in it. Only downside is it isn't multiplayer built.

this guide is pretty detailed on the multiplayer aspects and also provides an example project: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...sample-project
                      yeah i've dived through the project before and that where i learned most of my GAS knowledge aside of the udemy course but im still can figure out why the ability isnt firing i just updated the gitlab project because i accidentaly set it on private so u can go through it and see what i doing wrong

Comment

any feedback or information will be appreciated

Comment

Not sure exactly where you are going wrong, lots of points of possible error.

Adding print strings with error text can help you figure out where the exact fault is. Start in blueprints and work toward C++. For the setup you described, you would need to make sure the logic you needed was in your assetmanager. Also that your assetmanager is setup properly in the project settings, assets need to have direct project folder reference.

As for if there are C++ errors. Read through this guide : https://github.com/tranek/GASDocumen...ts-ga-granting

He completely covers nearly everything you could encounter with the GAS system and fully describes C++ implementation.

My guess is that your TryToActivateAbilities node isn't working. Activate ability by gameplaytag would probably work and you could call the tag from the data asset.

Comment

Adding print strings with error text can help you figure out where the exact fault is. Start in blueprints and work toward C++. For the setup you described, you would need to make sure the logic you needed was in your assetmanager. Also that your assetmanager is setup properly in the project settings, assets need to have direct project folder reference.

As for if there are C++ errors. Read through this guide : https://github.com/tranek/GASDocumen...ts-ga-granting

He completely covers nearly everything you could encounter with the GAS system and fully describes C++ implementation.

My guess is that your TryToActivateAbilities node isn't working. Activate ability by gameplaytag would probably work and you could call the tag from the data asset.
                            do u have discord man would like to talk more on this and i have read that guide

Comment

Thanks for that link. Gold right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X