Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading Anim curve float values at all time

Hello there !
    I am currently working on a system for stop animations to detect the right timing to start and for this I need to evaluate the float value of an animation curve (to find the right foot height for instance).

I started a quick script to do so but I can seem to understand how to find the UID of an animation curve, given I have its name.

Here a quick screenshot to see where I am at
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAnimFloatValue.png
Views:	1407
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1638744

From what I understand I need to access the FSmartNameMapping, then given the name of the curve, get its UID. Any idea how to do so ?

Thanks a lot !!!

hey, from the AnimSequenceBase you can access the FRawCurveTracks, this struct holds arrays of float, vectors of transforms curves, and from those you can simple evaluate to get your value

Comment

Thanks mate, works great. I do obtain the right value from this anim sequence for instance

Name:	TimeCurve.png
Views:	1350
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1638937

Using this code (commented for people that might need it scrolling the forum)

Name:	TimeCurveCode.png
Views:	1370
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1638938

My only regret is that I can't seem to find a way to get the right curve with the name and not just a number that might change depending on the anim sequence.
      If you have any idea about this I take it, else well, I will have to put things in order .

Comment

You need to use FSmartName

Code:
                    const FRawCurveTracks& Curves = Anim->GetCurveData();
                    FSmartName CurveName;
                    Anim->GetSkeleton()->GetSmartNameByName(USkeleton::AnimCurveMappingName, TEXT("Distance"), CurveName);
                    const FFloatCurve* DistanceCurve = static_cast<const FFloatCurve*>(Curves.GetCurveData(CurveName.UID));
        You can get the FSmartName from the AnimSequence skeleton. Then get UID from the SmartName,
        Last edited by Waves; 10-26-2019, 02:46 AM.
        UE4 Tutorials for 3rd person Blueprint project from scratch: Youtube Channel
        Use Blender 2.8 to make UE4 compatible animations: Blog

Comment

Hello, does anybody managed to get curve value in packaged build (Curve dissapears after building the project in my case)

Comment

You are correct. Packing the project with Shipping build causes the curves to go missing. There are no 'With_Editor" macros involved in any of the needed class members or functions that I could find. Perhaps this happens due to cooking/compression on the animation or curve data?

Comment

Many UObjects from AnimGraph are baked once you package in Shipping mode.
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

UE4 4.24 will have a new "UniformIndexable" Compression setting that will allow reading curves like this.

Comment

UniformIndexable still doesn't seem to fix shipping builds for me. I can get the curve's FSmartName and UID, but UAnimSeq->RawCurveData.FloatCurves is empty.

Comment

Name:	e96d75aa0632762634be1a0b1454a3e8.png
Views:	695
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1759736

May be it is the answer, but i don`t know why not cook all Curves Data?

Comment

Originally posted by dxd39 View Post

Name:	e96d75aa0632762634be1a0b1454a3e8.png
Views:	695
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1759736

May be it is the answer, but i don`t know why not cook all Curves Data?
                      Why does UE4 reset he curveData before serialize the anim sequence? I go through the montage code and the curveData is not reseted.

Comment

Working...
                      X