Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotSoCasualGamer View Post
    Anyone fix up the UWorks issues?
    Got it compile alright by adding the missing overrides etc.
    Cannot confirm online functionality though - have yet to run that through its paces properly.
    Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

GENERATED_BODY() at the top of a UObject based class puts out the following error:
      Code:
      Error (active)    E0077    this declaration has no storage class or type specifier    Matchy_Dungeon    C:\Users\warbands\Documents\Matchy_Dungeon\Unreal\Source\Matchy_Dungeon\Core\Effect.h    63

Comment

This seems to only come up for VS2019 Intellisense:
        Code:
        Error (active)    E0434    a reference of type "FMeshDrawSingleShaderBindings &" (not const-qualified) cannot be initialized with a value of type "FMeshDrawSingleShaderBindings"    UE4    C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Public\VertexFactory.h    634

Comment

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stdrag View Post
            Does somebody expirience crash after call this method?
            Code:
            PhysicalAnimationComponent->ApplyPhysicalAnimationProfileBelow(BoneName, ProfileName, true, true);

The reason behind this is empty array returning from skeletel mesh.
            Code:
            const TArray<FTransform>& SpaceBases = PhysicalAnimationComponent->GetSkeletalMesh()->GetEditableComponentSpaceTransforms();
            It is not empty on BeginPlay and first Tick, but then its empty. My code was working before on versions<4.22.
            I 'm experiencing that same crash every time a turn on any ragdolls, it works on 4.21 though.

Comment

Originally posted by gedamial View Post
              Anybody knows how to fix this?
              Please read the previous comments in the thread.

Async scene has been depreciated.
              Remove that line from your code and recompile.
              Dont worry, it will work still
              Outer Planet Studios
              http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

Hello! I'm having trouble converting my 4.19 project to 4.22. After the conversion, it starts launching but then crashes

In the log it says:
                Assertion failed: bUncompressMemorySucceeded [File: D\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Serialization\Archive.cpp] [Line: 699]

Any ideas on how to avoid this? Thanks
                Last edited by Nikita88; 04-30-2019, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita88 View Post
                  Hello! I'm having trouble converting my 4.19 project to 4.22. After the conversion, it starts launching but then crashes

In the log it says:
                  Assertion failed: bUncompressMemorySucceeded [File: D\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Serialization\Archive.cpp] [Line: 699]

Any ideas on how to avoid this? Thanks
                  I would suggest that you delete the "Intermediate" and "Saved" folders, then try again.

It will create a crash dump, which you can open and read through to exactly what it was doing when it crashed (there will be more details than the logs)
                  From that you can see if it is crashing on a specific asset or piece of code...
                  It puts the files in, Saved\Crashes, and it will be UE4Minidump.dmp, double click on that to open in VS.
                  Outer Planet Studios
                  http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

On Linux, it appears the headers and cpp files in the clang toolchain folder that Setup.sh downloads (Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDks/HostLinux/...) do not get ignored in git.

Easy fix: add "Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/**" to the .gitignore.

Edit: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5794
                    Last edited by PhilBax; 05-03-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Institute Games View Post
                      This seems to only come up for VS2019 Intellisense:
                      Code:
                      Error (active) E0434 a reference of type "FMeshDrawSingleShaderBindings &" (not const-qualified) cannot be initialized with a value of type "FMeshDrawSingleShaderBindings" UE4 C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Public\VertexFactory.h 634
                      Heh, I get

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                      Error (active) E0020 identifier "FMeshDrawSingleShaderBindings" is undefined AdventurersWanted D:\Repo\UE4Source\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Public\VertexFactory.h 626
                      plus other intellisense only errors. Compiles and runs.

4.22.1 build from source.

Comment

Any idea what's happening with my project?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tomza View Post
                          Any idea what's happening with my project?
                          You're in an infinite loop when trying to unpossess for some reason. If you changed something related to possession, I'd undo it.
                          Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

An issue I ran into was that now you need to initialize variables in C++ in the order you declared them in the header
                            Founder & Lead Developer @ Far Frontier Studios
                            My Website: https://theindiedev.com

Add me to your LinkedIN Network CLICK HERE!

Comment

BioXide
                              i am having a crash when I try to play my levels. Do you think That me not having variables initialized in the order they’re declared I. The header is part of the problem?

Comment

cherking
                                It could in some cases, depends on compiler.
                                https://geidav.wordpress.com/2013/05...on-lists-in-c/

It seems to me Epic forces proper initialization order on

Comment

Working...
                                X