Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with GetMousePosition in Fullscreen mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with GetMousePosition in Fullscreen mode.

By some reason on right and bottom borders of screen mouseposition returns (0,0), heres video:

https://youtu.be/J28xSzndSF8

eh, obs didnt capture cursor right ;(

Comment

ill try to recrod another video that exacly shows whut im talking about, left and bottom viewport side pixels returns x0,y0 position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajHi...ature=youtu.be heres video captured by geforce shadowplay and it captures cursor just correct.

Comment

AFAIK you get [0,0] if the mouse is outside the window. Else you will get between [1,1] and [ScreenWidth,ScreenHeight].

Comment

Originally posted by Jocko Jonson View Post
          AFAIK you get [0,0] if the mouse is outside the window. Else you will get between [1,1] and [ScreenWidth,ScreenHeight].
          but it happens in fullscreen mode, how the hell i can get outside the window in the fullscreen? btw i get [0,0] at top-left corner like it suppost to be, u can c it at the video. I still pretty new to engine so mb i dont understand something fundamental about screen and mouseposition inside?
          Last edited by Repin Design; 11-04-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

heres new video, this time i packed project and i got negative values on right and bottom, + they are like random once i got -622034123 on this video about on y -29, and 0 on x always,

https://youtu.be/T2PsG1bcdE0

Comment

I tested it on my old 4:3 monitor and everything works just correct, but not on my main 16:9 monitor

Comment

Can you post the code you are getting the mouse coords with?

Comment

float mouseposx, mouseposy;
                  controller->GetMousePosition(mouseposx, mouseposy);
                  GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 3.f, FColor::Cyan, FString("X: " + FString::FromInt(mouseposx) + " Y: " FString::FromInt(mouseposy)));

Comment

Yeah, I had the same problem a few months ago, the funny thing is that it worked perfectly when using the blueprint function instead of C++... that's the only workaround I could find.

Comment

i need to get this done by code.

Comment

Then I'd be happy if you can share your solution if you find one because it would also be better for my project to do it from code :/

Comment

Just create new project and add this code to controller's tick cause i had same problem globally on every project. Btw im using 4.20, not sure about previous versions.

Comment

Cmon guys, any ideas, i got this problem with windows10 and 4k 16:9 monitor, but not with 4:3 monitor, also it works well on my macbook air, any ideas why fullcreen isnt working right on windows with 16:9 monitor?

Comment

Ok, i found solution, problem was not in UE, but in Windows10 settings, i used 200% desktop scale and by some reason it ruined everything, i found it out when i tried to play StarCraft and i had exac same bug there, so i changed desktop scale to 100% and now everything works just fine.
                              Last edited by Repin Design; 11-25-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X