No announcement yet.

C++ Transition Guide for 4.20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have epic made some chances to this ..It refuse to find Ustaticmeshcomponent

Comment

#include "Components/StaticMeshComponent.h"
      "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
      RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by Pulguinha View Post
        First change: bGenerateOverlapEvents from UPrimitiveComponent changed from "bGenerateOverlapEvents = bool;" to "SetGenerateOverlapEvents(bool);"
        Click image for larger version Name:	GenerateOverlapEvents.png Views:	1 Size:	4.0 KB ID:	1508939

Second chage: bUseControllerViewRotation from CameraComponent got_DEPRECATED.
        Click image for larger version Name:	CameraComponentDEPRECATED.png Views:	1 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	1508941
        Now you have to use bUsePawnControlRotation.​​
        The point is: IntelliSense tells me that bUseControllerViewRotation is inaccessible, but on 4.19 that was not happening.
        Click image for larger version Name:	bUsePawnControlRotation.png Views:	1 Size:	4.2 KB ID:	1508940

Third chage: I'm getting errors with a function called on my Slate Widget Tick() when playing, after a few seconds
        Click image for larger version Name:	ErrorWhileLaunch.png Views:	1 Size:	374.2 KB ID:	1508942pt-BR to en-US ... [787] LogWindows: Warning: CreateProc failed: The sistem can not find the especified file. (0x00000002)

CrashReport:
        Click image for larger version Name:	CrashReport.png Views:	1 Size:	101.7 KB ID:	1508943

My code:
        Click image for larger version Name:	MyCode.png Views:	1 Size:	151.3 KB ID:	1508944

As you can see, "Create", "SetScalarParameterValue" and "SetTextureParameterValue" are inacessible (IntelliSense).
        Changed the #include lines (and paths) to header file and the result was the same.
        Also SetTextureParameterValue is inaccessible, how to convert?...

Comment

I'm also having a problem with an override function. Haven't found a good solution.

Parent Class Declaration:

UFUNCTION(Client, Reliable)
          virtual void Client_LoadInventoryFromSave(const TArray& Items, int32 version, int32 level=1);

Child Class Declaration:

//UFUNCTION(Client, Reliable)
          virtual void Client_LoadInventoryFromSave(const TArray& Items, int32 version, int32 level = 1) override;

If you don't comment out the UFUNCTION you receive the error:

Override of UFUNCTION in parent class (InventoryComponentBase) cannot have a UFUNCTION() declaration above it; it will use the same parameters as the original declaration.

However if you comment it out you receive the error:

Error C2509: 'Client_LoadInventoryFromSave_Implementation': member function not declared

This is using the following function on the child class:

void UInfusionComponent::Client_LoadInventoryFromSave_Implementation(const TArray& Items, int32 version, int32 level)
          {
          }

Comment

Working...
          X