Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World composition. Spawning character problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World composition. Spawning character problem.

I have a problem with using World composition. I have created Persistent Level and have added several sublevels to it. For loading my world I am using
    Code:
    GetEngine()->Browse(...)
    When I load my persistent level, the sub-level is still not loaded yet and my character is spawning at an empty place and it is falling down. After a moment my sub-level loading is done but my character is still falling down. Sub-level turns out from above in relation to the character (because the character is still falling down). If I move my Player Start slightly higher (1000 by Z-Axis), sub-level has some time to load and my character appears on the surface of the sub level.
    How can I handle the time, when sub-level has completely loaded, And how can I manually spawn my character.

Giving this a bump, having the same issue and I'm curious about people's solutions! Thanks.

Comment

Quick solution : create a plane just beneath actual landing areac (2cm below) in the persistant level.
      This platform will be spawned with persistant level creation, your character will be dropped on it. There it can wait for sub-level loading without falling down.

Comment

Working...
      X