Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Skip Assigning Gamepad to Player 1" - where and how to access?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Skip Assigning Gamepad to Player 1" - where and how to access?

As seen under the options Project -> Maps and Modes -> Local Multiplayer, there is an option that says "Skip Assigning Gamepad to Player 1" which allows the first player to either be the keyboard permanently or also be able to be the first gamepad connected. This is extremely useful and for some reason it's not exposed to blueprints, which would mean that - as far as I'm aware - it would have to be set on a permanent basis.

Now I'm wondering, surely one can access this via C++? I have googled extensively but I cannot find an answer and so I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm not very experienced with C++ but as long as I can expose a simple function to BP on whatever class that goes in, that would solve my problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

I'm highly interested in accessing this during runtime as well, preferably via blueprints. Any help is very appreciated.

Oh and this AnswerHub page also mentions listing this as a feature request, but the actual page returns an "Unknown Issue" error. What gives?
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...lueprints.html

Comment

Unrealier

With 4.24 (CL 8516328) GetSkipAssigningGamepadToPlayer1 and SetSkipAssigningGamepadToPlayer1 on the UGameMapsSettings object, along with GetGameMapsSettings static accessor are exposed to bp.

Comment

Working...
      X