A compilation Error every time a class is just added by the class wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A compilation Error every time a class is just added by the class wizard

Hey, I added a class derived from AnimGraphNode_Base through the class wizard, and it shows me an error message.

This is the message quoted:

"Successfully added class 'MyAnimGraphNode_Base', however you must recompile the 'July' module before it will appear in the Content Browser. Failed to automatically hot reload the 'July' module.

Would you like to open the Output Log to see more details?"

Then the project fail to compile constantly.
    I've tried this on versions 4.10, 4.14, and 4.16

Hot reload is spotty at best. Just re-compile from within Visual Studio and the error will go away.
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
      Just re-compile from within Visual Studio and the error will go away.
      Can you please write step-by-step, what i need to do?

I closed project, go to VS, click to re-compile, but has errors.

Comment

I hope you need not to rebuild the project ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fieol View Post
          I hope you need not to rebuild the project ?
          I'm not sure what u mean.

Comment

Typically if Unreal fails to build a new class it means Visual Studio will fail as well. But VS provides more info on the issue. Right click on your project in Visual Studio and hit build. After building fails paste the info from the VS output log.

Comment

Did someone find a solution for this? I'm new to UE4 and AirSim, I tried to create a C++ class on my Blocks module and I got "Successfully added class 'MyActor', however you must recompile the 'Blocks' module before it will appear in the Content Browser. Failed to automatically compile the 'Blocks' module".
              The .h and .cpp are created in a Source folder within Bocks and AirSim, but nothing appears in the "Content" folder...

Can anyone help me?
              TIA

Comment

There may be two paths to store C++ class files in your project, resulting in no header files found, such as some files outside Public and some inside public files.

Comment

Ok, but I still can't open them in the UE4 editor. Plus, when I created this class, the build failed and I got these errors in the message log:
                  WARNING: Library 'stdc++' was not resolvable to a file when used in Module 'AirSim', assuming it is a filename and will search library paths for it. This is slow and dependency checking will not work for it. Please update reference to be fully qualified alternatively use Public System Library Paths if you do intended to use this slow path to suppress this warning.
                  and
                  ERROR:'/home/user/AirSim/Unreal/Environments/Blocks/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Inc/Blocks/MyActor.generated.h': Changes to generated code are not allowed - conflicts written to '/home/user/AirSim/Unreal/Environments/Blocks/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Inc/Blocks/MyActor.generated.h.conflict'
                  I think Unreal Header Tool is having a problem with the file/ class that I created, 'My Actor', but I don't really know how to solve this issue...
                  If anyone can help ... Here is my full post: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...c-class-on-ue4
                  Last edited by MrMuchaxo; 06-15-2020, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Someone got the answer for this?

Comment

Working...
                    X