Views:	1
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1224882
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-04_20-00-47.png
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	1224883

En: Overload is needed in C++, function overloading different incoming and outgoing data with preservation of function names.
    Ru: Перегрузка нужна внутри на C++, перегрузка функций разными входящими и исходящими данными с сохранением имён функций.

Comment

You can't overload a non-virtual method. Statics are non-virtual and cannot be made virtual. You'd need to add a new method that does what you want.
      Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
        You can't overload a non-virtual method. Statics are non-virtual and cannot be made virtual. You'd need to add a new method that does what you want.
        He's 100% correct. Just create a non-static virtual function that FVector Clamp calls.
        Portfolio/Tutorials: http://chadreddick.com

Comment

en: Probably we each other a little bit don't understand, talking about the usual overload, which we can use in any program in C++ when writing any program, even without the UE.

In C++ there is such a thing that functions with the same name can accept different arguments and work as different functions, including the function that satisfies the incoming data.

I would like to have several functions with the name "Clamp", working with different arguments.

ru: Наверное мы друг-друга немного не понимаем, речь о обычно перегрузке, которую мы можем использовать в любой программе на C++ при написании любой программы, даже без UE.

В C++ есть такая штука, что функции с одинаковым именем, могут принимать разные аргументы и работать как разные функции, включая ту функцию, которая удовлетворяет входящим данным.

Я хотел бы получить несколько функций с именем "Clamp", работающими с разными аргументами.

--------------------
          void set(int);
          void set(float);
          void set(int, int);
          --------------------

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/5dhe1hce.aspx
          PS: I value your answers.

Comment

You cannot overload UFUNCTION() like you can with raw C++ methods.
            You can however add a prefix to each function and set their Display Name to be the same for all of them nodes.
            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
              You can however add a prefix to each function and set their Display Name to be the same for all of them nodes.
              Please, could you give an example of prefix.

I made the prefix on the direct meaning of this and got quite the expected result:

Name:	2017-07-06_18-42-48.png
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1130713

Name:	2017-07-06_18-41-34.png
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1130714

In fact, the engine comes with such features as:

Name:	c5cVQ6MqeJI.jpg
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1130715

Comment

BrUnO XaVIeR: I have studied your work, I found the buttons in your signature.

Found that you use the "meta"!
                I tried to use the same thing and voila:

Name:	2017-07-06_19-22-44.png
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1130717

Name:	6DMepFtv7Jg.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1130718

You are my Saviour!) T4U!))

ru: проблема решена, используйте meta, как на картинке, для именования функций в движке.
                Всё что есть в meta: UFUNCTION -> meta документация.
                Last edited by Dr.Freeman; 07-06-2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X