No announcement yet.

C++ 4.16 Transition Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When ever you create a character and have the game set up default to the character, 4.16 no longer spawns and auto possess the character for you. Is this a bug or change?
    Last edited by krisgoku2; 06-20-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Some pictures in case anyone is having the same issue. Fresh clone from 4.15 -> 4.16, my UWidget wrapping a Slate SBox/Sbutton/STextBlock is rendering as faint white dots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.15.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	1130010 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.16.JPG
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1130011
      4.15 on left, 4.16 on right

Comment

Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
        Try setting your widgets to use "Force Slow Construction Method" in class settings of your BP.
        I can't seem to find that in C++. Does that translate to anything I can set in code?

Comment

I was using an FInternationalization. But it seems to no longer work in 4.16. I get the following error.

Error C2027: use of undefined type 'FCulture'
          Tt did work fine in 4.14-15.

.cpp
          Code:
          #pragma once

#include "Kismet/BlueprintFunctionLibrary.h"
          #include "Getlanguage.generated.h"

/**
           */
          UCLASS()
          class TGAME_API UGetlanguage : public UBlueprintFunctionLibrary
          {
          	GENERATED_BODY()

public:
          	/* Get Current Localization at Runtime. */
          	UFUNCTION(BlueprintPure, meta = (DisplayName = "GetActiveLanguage", CompactNodeTitle = "ActiveLanguage", Keywords = "GetActiveLanguage"), Category = "Localization")
          	static FString GetActiveLanguage();

};
          .h
          Code:
          #include "Getlanguage.h"
          #include "Tgame.h"

FString UGetlanguage::GetActiveLanguage()
          {
          	return FInternationalization::Get().GetCurrentCulture()->GetName();
          }
          Can anyone help.
          RhinoGameHK | Twitter | Instagram

Comment

Seems like you're just missing some includes. Find where FCulture is declared and add it.

Comment

Hi!

I'm facing weird issues in my 4.16 project. When I compile my code with the unreal editor opened (same project) visual studio failed compiling with this error:

error MSB3075: The command ""D:\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" ZombieNanaEditor Win64 Development "D:\Proyectos\ZombieNana\ZombieNana.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.

However the editor is updated with the new changes and it's working properly. Yes, it's not a very important problem but it's annoying.

Any Idea??

Thanks

Comment

Hey guys, so I have a problem when I package my project with 4.16.1, from the github code. It all worked just fine back in 4.14.

I am using a Procedural Midi Plugin, and it fails for that during packaging. Do note, that it builds and works properly when in editor.
                I can launch the engine no problem, and run through my game in VR preview.

The issue comes when I wanted to package the game for the first time since I migrated my project. The log spits out the following error:

Code:
                    [2017.06.24-15.05.03:451][767]UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\UnrealEngine\UnrealEngine4-16\Engine\Plugins\MidiAsset\Procedural-Midi\MidiAsset\Binaries\Win64\MusicalRange-ProceduralAudio.lib
                And before that it spits out a lot of errors related to the Procedural Midi plugin that my game uses.

Full Package Log PackageLog1.txt

Dropbox Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p22xtqrhe...eLog1.txt?dl=0

I got it from the github master branch. On the market place, the plugin claims to support 4.16. I am baffled by this as, the engine compiles fine for the editor.

Procedural Midi Github - https://github.com/Geromatic/Midi-Unreal

Procedural Midi Marketplace - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...rocedural-midi

I looked at this similar question, but I don't know how that applies to the plugin. As there is one MidiAssetEditor.Build.Cs, but it's the code is very similar to the one being used in my 4.14 version.

Name:	zUGzQwe.png
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1130266

I also tried out what this post suggested, but I did not have any luck with that.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ubt-error.html

Anyone knows what is wrong and how I could fix this?

Also, I created a answer hub thread for this too. Since, I can't keep moving with development at the moment.
                https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...2504-c364.html
                Last edited by Motanum; 06-26-2017, 10:23 AM.
                Musical Range VR | Musical Range Trailer | Pausing Game On Steam Overlay | Aperture Tag

Comment

I solved this issue by instead of having the ProceduralMidi plugin be engine installed, it is now installed on the project instead.

I had to change a bunch of cpp files to have the headers be on top (the *privatePCH,h header), which took some time but that did it.

Now, the lib that failed before does work and gets packaged. Now I am getting another packaging error.

LogLinker:Error: BPGC_ARCH_FOR_CDO_MusicalRangeBPFunctionLibrary_2 has an inappropriate outermost, it was probably saved with a deprecated outer (file: ../../../../../Dropbox/MusicalRange-4.16/Content/MusicShoot/Blueprints/BP_SongFinder.uasset)

So I am going to be trying to figure that out.
                  Musical Range VR | Musical Range Trailer | Pausing Game On Steam Overlay | Aperture Tag

Comment

Originally posted by ColibriLive View Post
                    Hi!

I'm facing weird issues in my 4.16 project. When I compile my code with the unreal editor opened (same project) visual studio failed compiling with this error:

error MSB3075: The command ""D:\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" ZombieNanaEditor Win64 Development "D:\Proyectos\ZombieNana\ZombieNana.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.

However the editor is updated with the new changes and it's working properly. Yes, it's not a very important problem but it's annoying.

Any Idea??

Thanks
                    Same here, happen only with editor opened and if i compile from VS, no problem if i compile from the editor.

Not a problem because all still work and editor is updated but is a bit annoying for me.
                    Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Originally posted by ZioYuri78 View Post
                      Same here, happen only with editor opened and if i compile from VS, no problem if i compile from the editor.

Not a problem because all still work and editor is updated but is a bit annoying for me.
                      From this line "... Win64 Development ..." it seems it's compiling without editor elements? You are using the Development Editor, win64 settings on VS?

Name:	a2344c8767.png
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1130299

Comment

Originally posted by Motanum View Post
                        From this line "... Win64 Development ..." it seems it's compiling without editor elements? You are using the Development Editor, win64 settings on VS?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]146446[/ATTACH]
                        Yep, same like the picture.
                        Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

MSB4011 Warning

Not sure if this is specific to the UE4.16 upgrade, or changing to VS2017 (from 2015), but after migrating for 4.16 my C++ project now gives me the MSB4011 warning;

Code:
                          1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.props(31,3): warning MSB4011: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Makefile.props" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.cpp.props (31,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored. [D:\XXXXXXXXX\UnrealProjects\XXXXXXX\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UE4.vcxproj]
                          1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.props(31,3): warning MSB4011: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Makefile.props" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.cpp.props (31,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored. [D:\XXXXXXXXX\UnrealProjects\XXXXXXX\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\XXXXXXX.vcxproj]
                          2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.props(31,3): warning MSB4011: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Makefile.props" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.cpp.props (31,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored. [D:\XXXXXXXXX\UnrealProjects\XXXXXXX\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UE4.vcxproj]
                          2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.props(31,3): warning MSB4011: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Makefile.props" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.cpp.props (31,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored. [D:\XXXXXXXXX\UnrealProjects\XXXXXXX\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\XXXXXXX.vcxproj]
                          Has anyone else seen this? I'm still able to build my project successfully, but the warning is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodsShin View Post
                            If you have a problem to use steam on dedicated server, remove this code from /Engine/Plugins/Online/OnlineSubsystemSteam/Source/Private/OnlineSubsystemModuleSteam.cpp.
                            UE4 seems not to support steam on 64 bit yet. Game client is fine. But not dedicated server. It was disabled on 4.15.

Code:
                            void FOnlineSubsystemSteamModule::LoadSteamModules()
                            #if 0 //64 bit not supported well at present, use Steam Client dlls
                            	if (IsRunningDedicatedServer())
                            	{
                            		SteamServerDLLHandle = FPlatformProcess::GetDllHandle(*(RootSteamPath + "steamclient" + Suffix + ".dll"));
                            	}
                            #endif
                            Entry point not found - steamclient64.dll
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]143340[/ATTACH]
                            Actually, I found that I could fix this dialog simply by making sure I didn't have Steam running in the background. No need to change code. Just shut down steam client, then run your dedicated server.

Comment

I have a issue when opening a project from 4.15, tried to debug and breaks at:

Code:
                              Assertion failed: 0 [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.16+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\Linker.cpp] [Line: 60] 
                              Package level compression cannot be used with the async io scheme.
                              Anyone knows how to fix that?

EDIT: the error was because of broken assets.
                              Last edited by BulleTime; 07-06-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I have the following errors that occur and I do not understand where it comes from.

error CS1061: 'System.Collections.Generic.List<string>' ne contient pas une définition pour 'add' et aucune méthode d'extension 'add' acceptant un premier argument de type 'System.Collections.Generic.List<string>' n'a été trouvée (une directive using ou une référence d'assembly est-elle manquante ?)
                                error CS1061: 'System.Collections.Generic.List<string>' ne contient pas une définition pour 'add' et aucune méthode d'extension 'add' acceptant un premier argument de type 'System.Collections.Generic.List<string>' n'a été trouvée (une directive using ou une référence d'assembly est-elle manquante ?)

Thanks for the help you can give me.

Comment

Working...
                                X