Set Static Mesh in C++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set Static Mesh in C++

I wont to Set my Mesh with C++ cood. The problem is, it don't work. I've already tried, to set the mesh, in the constructor, "BeginPlay", and in the Tick function.

Code:
    static FConstructorStatics ConstructorStatics;

DummyRoot = CreateDefaultSubobject<USceneComponent>(TEXT("Dummy0"));
    RootComponent = DummyRoot;

GhostMesh = CreateDefaultSubobject<UStaticMeshComponent>(TEXT("GhostMesh0"));
    GhostMesh->SetupAttachment(DummyRoot);
    GhostMesh->SetStaticMesh(ConstructorStatics.TestBuildin_Finel.Get());
    If I create a Blueprint from my C++ Class, and try to set it in the Bluprints, it work.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BP.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1220663

I have no idea, why is don't work, in C++.

You're not using Constructor Statics correctly, you need to actually find the object by it's string asset reference, tbh I'm not sure how that even compiles.

Code:
    	static ConstructorHelpers::FObjectFinder<UStaticMesh>MeshAsset(TEXT("StaticMesh'/Game/MyMesh.MyMesh"));
    	UStaticMesh* Asset = MeshAsset.Object;

GhostMesh->SetStaticMesh(Asset);
    You can 'get' the string reference of an asset by right-clicking it and hitting "Copy Reference".

However, if that mesh never changes during gameplay, then why not just set it directly on the mesh component when you create a blueprint of that class. Other than for specific cases it's not a good workflow to reference assets this way.

Comment

Thank you, TheJamsh !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by therealjameswu View Post
        Thank you, TheJamsh !!!!
        Or you can use the way like this https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...-runtime-via-c

Comment

Working...
        X