Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Subsystem Steam cant work

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Online Subsystem Steam cant work

    I set up OnlineSubsystemSteam in accordance with the documentation. But when I run the project on Standalone Game, the project is not connected to the steam.
    Can any one help me?

    #2
    What documentation did you follow?

    Did you enable the Steam plugin?
    Are you running Steam on your machine when you start your game in standalone mode?
    Show us your "DefaultEngine.ini" file?

    We need more information in order to help you.
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

    Comment


      #3
      Try running your game with "Launch" I am having the same problem with steam and doing that makes the overlay and steam connect.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
        What documentation did you follow?

        Did you enable the Steam plugin?
        Are you running Steam on your machine when you start your game in standalone mode?
        Show us your "DefaultEngine.ini" file?

        We need more information in order to help you.
        I follow this documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...eam/index.html

        I tried to start my game in standalone mode, and I sure I am running steam.

        My "DefaultEngine.ini" just like the documentation shows, I copy it to my .ini file.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by maxproz View Post
          Try running your game with "Launch" I am having the same problem with steam and doing that makes the overlay and steam connect.
          I try to running my game with "Launch", but it still doesn't work.QAQ

          Comment


            #6
            Show me your INI file please ... or put it on Pastebin or something.
            Quinton Delpeche
            Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
              Show me your INI file please ... or put it on Pastebin or something.
              Here is my INI file.

              [URL]
              [/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings]
              EditorStartupMap=/Game/Maps/BeginPlayMap.BeginPlayMap
              GameDefaultMap=/Game/Maps/BeginPlayMap.BeginPlayMap
              GlobalDefaultGameMode=/Game/Blueprint/BeginPlay_GM.BeginPlay_GM_C
              TransitionMap=/Game/Maps/LoadingMap.LoadingMap
              ServerDefaultMap=/Game/Maps/BeginPlayMap.BeginPlayMap
              GameInstanceClass=/Game/Blueprint/DemoGameInstance.DemoGameInstance_C

              [/Script/HardwareTargeting.HardwareTargetingSettings]
              TargetedHardwareClass=Desktop
              AppliedTargetedHardwareClass=Desktop
              DefaultGraphicsPerformance=Maximum
              AppliedDefaultGraphicsPerformance=Maximum

              [/Script/Engine.PhysicsSettings]
              DefaultGravityZ=-980.000000
              DefaultTerminalVelocity=4000.000000
              DefaultFluidFriction=0.300000
              SimulateScratchMemorySize=262144
              RagdollAggregateThreshold=4
              TriangleMeshTriangleMinAreaThreshold=5.000000
              bEnableAsyncScene=False
              bEnableShapeSharing=False
              bEnablePCM=False
              bWarnMissingLocks=True
              bEnable2DPhysics=False
              LockedAxis=Invalid
              DefaultDegreesOfFreedom=Full3D
              BounceThresholdVelocity=200.000000
              FrictionCombineMode=Average
              RestitutionCombineMode=Average
              MaxAngularVelocity=3600.000000
              MaxDepenetrationVelocity=0.000000
              ContactOffsetMultiplier=0.010000
              MinContactOffset=0.000100
              MaxContactOffset=1.000000
              bSimulateSkeletalMeshOnDedicatedServer=True
              DefaultShapeComplexity=CTF_UseSimpleAndComplex
              bDefaultHasComplexCollision=True
              bSuppressFaceRemapTable=False
              bSupportUVFromHitResults=False
              bDisableActiveActors=False
              bDisableCCD=False
              MaxPhysicsDeltaTime=0.033333
              bSubstepping=False
              bSubsteppingAsync=False
              MaxSubstepDeltaTime=0.016667
              MaxSubsteps=6
              SyncSceneSmoothingFactor=0.000000
              AsyncSceneSmoothingFactor=0.990000
              InitialAverageFrameRate=0.016667


              [/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
              +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")

              [OnlineSubsystem]
              DefaultPlatformService=Steam

              [OnlineSubsystemSteam]
              bEnabled=true
              SteamDevAppId=480

              [/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver]
              NetConnectionClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"

              Comment


                #8
                Add the same ID number for SteamAppId ... I found that SteamDevAppId actually had no effect for me and had to have both in my config file.
                Quinton Delpeche
                Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                  Add the same ID number for SteamAppId ... I found that SteamDevAppId actually had no effect for me and had to have both in my config file.
                  So should I get a SteamAppId? I just want to test my project, where can I get the SteamAppId?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    No ... you can only get a Steam App Id once you are greenlit ... for now you use the demo app id ... 480 ... this is a game called Spacewar that is available to developers on Steam.
                    Quinton Delpeche
                    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                      No ... you can only get a Steam App Id once you are greenlit ... for now you use the demo app id ... 480 ... this is a game called Spacewar that is available to developers on Steam.
                      So...why my project can't link to steam?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        It is probably not working because you are using the field SteamDevAppId and not SteamAppId as well. This is what I have on my config file to get it working and I have also ensured the plugins are enabled int he project.

                        [OnlineSubsystem]
                        DefaultPlatformService=Steam
                        PollingIntervalInMs=20

                        [OnlineSubsystemSteam]
                        bEnabled=true
                        SteamDevAppId=480
                        SteamAppId=480
                        GameServerQueryPort=27015
                        bRelaunchInSteam=false
                        GameVersion=1.0
                        bVACEnabled=1
                        bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
                        P2PConnectionTimeout=90

                        [/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver]
                        NetConnectionClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"
                        Quinton Delpeche
                        Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                          It is probably not working because you are using the field SteamDevAppId and not SteamAppId as well. This is what I have on my config file to get it working and I have also ensured the plugins are enabled int he projects.

                          [OnlineSubsystem]
                          DefaultPlatformService=Steam
                          PollingIntervalInMs=20

                          [OnlineSubsystemSteam]
                          bEnabled=true
                          SteamDevAppId=480
                          SteamAppId=480
                          GameServerQueryPort=27015
                          bRelaunchInSteam=false
                          GameVersion=1.0
                          bVACEnabled=1
                          bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
                          P2PConnectionTimeout=90

                          [/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver]
                          NetConnectionClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"
                          I try to copy these to my config file and Launch my project. But it still doesn't work.
                          Whether it is because I have modified the built-in version of the steam SDK.

                          D:\Epic Games\UE_4.15\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Steamworks
                          Steamworks.build.cs:
                          /** Mark the current version of the Steam SDK */
                          string SteamVersion = "v139";
                          Type = ModuleType.External;

                          I download the steam SDK from Steamworks.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I am using the provided version of the Steam SDK and it works just fine for me. I am sorry but I don't think I can help you any further, maybe someone else can assist as I have not experienced any of the issues you are experiencing. Good luck.
                            Quinton Delpeche
                            Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                              I am using the provided version of the Steam SDK and it works just fine for me. I am sorry but I don't think I can help you any further, maybe someone else can assist as I have not experienced any of the issues you are experiencing. Good luck.
                              All right, whatever, very thank you for your help.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X