Player Index on MultiPlayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    How could you physically set this up. I am not seeings a "GetAllObjectOfClass" Player controller

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now I've seen that it works only on the server, so only the server can take the pickup.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fuchs View Post
    Did you replicate all the variables properly? The setup works fine for me with the switch has authority node.
    Yes. I replicated all variables.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you replicate all the variables properly? The setup works fine for me with the switch has authority node.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to use the authority pin, otherwise the client still has control over the execution. Do yourself a favor and watch the networking tutorial videos carefully. Everything you need is very well explained there.
    If I use the Authority pin, I can't take the pickup.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to use the authority pin, otherwise the client still has control over the execution. Do yourself a favor and watch the networking tutorial videos carefully. Everything you need is very well explained there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this correct?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
    So a tip - check out the Blueprint Networking Tutorials and pay particular attention to the RepNotify part of the tutorials. It's perfect for doing things where some server gameplay thing has to notify a client to show a client-side effect/whatever.
    No problem.

One thing that you should look out for is network authority. If I am not mistaken the blueprint you are using is some kind of pickup item. After checking for the overlap you might want to put a "Switch has authority" node there. This ensures that the server calculates who gets the pickup and what effects are applied. If you do not take care of the authority, it will make your game vulnerable to hackers and cheaters.
    Like n00854180t has mentioned, you should give the networking tutorial videos a shot. They are amazing and show you exactly how to set most common things up and what you have to look out for.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Last edited by Scienziatogm; 07-15-2014, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scienziatogm View Post
    It works. Thanks!
    No problem.

One thing that you should look out for is network authority. If I am not mistaken the blueprint you are using is some kind of pickup item. After checking for the overlap you might want to put a "Switch has authority" node there. This ensures that the server calculates who gets the pickup and what effects are applied. If you do not take care of the authority, it will make your game vulnerable to hackers and cheaters.
    Like n00854180t has mentioned, you should give the networking tutorial videos a shot. They are amazing and show you exactly how to set most common things up and what you have to look out for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So a tip - check out the Blueprint Networking Tutorials and pay particular attention to the RepNotify part of the tutorials. It's perfect for doing things where some server gameplay thing has to notify a client to show a client-side effect/whatever.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, I'm sorry my first few answers were ********. Now that I am home I could test a little bit and found this setup to be working for me:

Prints a string ingame "MyPlayerController_C1", so it should be working just fine.
    It works. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, I'm sorry my first few answers were ********. Now that I am home I could test a little bit and found this setup to be working for me:

Prints a string ingame "MyPlayerController_C1", so it should be working just fine.
    Last edited by Fuchs; 07-14-2014, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where does the message display? Also try casting other actor to your own pawn / character class first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where does the message display? Also try casting other actor to your own pawn / character class first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Given your BP, can't you just take "Other Actor" From the Begin Overlap Event and cast it to a player controller? Since other actor returns the actor that overlaps, you should automatically access the right one.
    I get the message "PlayerController problem".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X