Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Question] Re-using a set up with another actor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Right-click the actor, make a child blueprint of it. You can alter values on the child without affecting the parent.
    Yeah. I want the blueprint to support more than one actor though. Is that going to achieve the same result? I currently have a console as the root which I also plan to change to an open variable. But also want to be able to manipulate more than one actor within the same blueprint. Not with an external / duplicated thing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right-click the actor, make a child blueprint of it. You can alter values on the child without affecting the parent.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [Question] Re-using a set up with another actor.

[Question] Re-using a set up with another actor.

(Apologies, I deleted the previous thread because I realized my topic title was not descriptive enough)
    So I have a blueprint I made that uses a few different time line nodes that move and rotate and scale an actor. It's got a complex set up (from my newbie perspective) of math to ensure things kick off when they are supposed to and do things in the opposite order properly, plus a few switch on int's.

I was curious if there might be some easy way to easily add a second actor to be manipulated by using the same setup with out having to duplicate all this stuff and update the switch on ints, etc.

Any suggestions?

p.s. A previous reply suggested duping the BP, but that would not achieve what I want. I want this BP to manipulate more than one actor if I can while hopefully being able to avoid duplicating all the work I already did with time line nodes and math, etc.
Working...
X