How to make soccer game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make soccer game?

I am trying to make soccer game in unreal blueprints. I have a collison box in the goals, but how do you make it so they only react to my game ball, nothing else.
    Thank you so much.

Update%

I thank everyone for their responses. I think I should explain my question better. I want it so if the ball enters the goal( collison box ), it will fire an event. If a player enters the goal, I want nothing to happen. How do I do that?

Thanks again!!!!!
    Last edited by Prism Games; 09-29-2016, 06:38 PM.

you need to make something like the one who touched the ball the last, in that way you can make a sort of tag for the ball to change everytime a rival touch it, a tag name for enemy/player and one for yours
    "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Comment

In my game I store 4 references in the ball. Well a few more for other reasons.

Last touched red/blue and last assist red/blue.

These are playerstate references.

When a player hits the ball it sets the last assist if valid to last touched and sets lasts touched to the new player if it's not the same playerstate. If they are on opposite teams the assists and cleared and last touch is set.

When ball goes in the goal it grabs the last touched and assist if valid to assign a point
      Inphidel / Brian - Developer of Ultraball
      http://www.ultraballgame.com

Don't shy away from bugs in your game. Don't play it as intended. Break your game so you can fix it!

Comment

For scoring the goal volume has a on begin overlap cast to ball on do once to give team a point and destroy itself. My game mode checks in tick to see if ball is valid when it's not it spawns a new one.
        Inphidel / Brian - Developer of Ultraball
        http://www.ultraballgame.com

Don't shy away from bugs in your game. Don't play it as intended. Break your game so you can fix it!

Comment

Working...
        X