Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milliseconds timer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Milliseconds timer

    Hi, is there a method to start a timer looping every millisecond? I want this instead of the Tick event because I need to stop the timer, and the Tick event can't be stopped.
    Unreal Engine 4 C++ Programmer

    My projects:
    Ultimate Arena FPS

    Our Discord Server:
    Ultimate Arena FPS Discord

    #2
    Maybe you're looking for the Delay node, or use a Timeline.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Shelby View Post
      Maybe you're looking for the Delay node, or use a Timeline.
      No, because I want to stop the Timer, and with the Delay node I can't do it.
      Unreal Engine 4 C++ Programmer

      My projects:
      Ultimate Arena FPS

      Our Discord Server:
      Ultimate Arena FPS Discord

      Comment


        #4
        You are trying to do something like a bomb that can be defused?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mielke View Post
          You are trying to do something like a bomb that can be defused?
          No, I'm trying to do a Timer that can be paused for 1 second with a Pickup, but the problem is pausing the milliseconds, because the Event Tick can't be paused.
          Unreal Engine 4 C++ Programmer

          My projects:
          Ultimate Arena FPS

          Our Discord Server:
          Ultimate Arena FPS Discord

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Scienziatogm View Post
            No, I'm trying to do a Timer that can be paused for 1 second with a Pickup, but the problem is pausing the milliseconds, because the Event Tick can't be paused.
            Make updating the variable that sets the value of the timer pass through a check before the set to check if it's paused or not before. And, on the pickup, set the variable to false with a delay of a second to turn it back to true.

            If it sounds weird is because I can't explain it much better xD

            Comment


              #7
              I believe the timeline stop function actually pauses the timeline at whatever position it is, thus why there are separate "Play" and "Play from start" pins.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Mielke View Post
                Make updating the variable that sets the value of the timer pass through a check before the set to check if it's paused or not before. And, on the pickup, set the variable to false with a delay of a second to turn it back to true.

                If it sounds weird is because I can't explain it much better xD
                It works. Thanks!
                Unreal Engine 4 C++ Programmer

                My projects:
                Ultimate Arena FPS

                Our Discord Server:
                Ultimate Arena FPS Discord

                Comment

                Working...
                X