Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event hit dont fire when one Actor moves into another Actor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event hit dont fire when one Actor moves into another Actor.

So Ive tryed to make some basic things, made two actors with spheres as colliders, set both to BlockAllDynamicly and send one to another with SetActorLocation. When they crossed Event hit wont fire.( What am I doung wrong?

Hi Battou,

In the components tab, did you ensure that the actors have "Generate Hit Events" set to true? This may be what is preventing them from firing the function.
    Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

If you mean "Simulation Generates Hit Events" then yes, this checkbox is checked, and I thought this is for physics, but I don't want any physics, just collision detections, no gravity, inertion and ect. Both actors have colliders as Root, both BlockAllDynamicly, both just actors, not Pawn or Character, no movement component, just SetActorLocation. Tried all checkboxes, still no luck in firing EventHit.(

Comment

Here is moving actor blueprint and collision settings of root. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	1052366Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1052367

Comment

I think the problem may be that you're using set actor location as your means of movement. I don't know what you're trying to do so I can't offer an alternative, but if I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that that is the problem. I think that overlapping is more or less reserved for dynamic, continuous movement rather than teleportation type of movement.

Edit: I have an idea - right after you use the set actor location node, try using a GetOverlappingActors node and filter it down to the class you're looking for. Then if there is a match, do whatever you were originally going to do in the OnBeginOverlap node.

Edit 2: Actually I just realized you were going for Event Hit and not overlap. I have no idea how set actor location and hit would handle each other if you move one object into another object.
          Last edited by evillego6; 07-03-2014, 04:39 PM. Reason: Further info

Comment

Originally posted by evillego6 View Post
            I think the problem may be that you're using set actor location as your means of movement. I don't know what you're trying to do so I can't offer an alternative, but if I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that that is the problem. I think that overlapping is more or less reserved for dynamic, continuous movement rather than teleportation type of movement.

Edit: I have an idea - right after you use the set actor location node, try using a GetOverlappingActors node and filter it down to the class you're looking for. Then if there is a match, do whatever you were originally going to do in the OnBeginOverlap node.

Edit 2: Actually I just realized you were going for Event Hit and not overlap. I have no idea how set actor location and hit would handle each other if you move one object into another object.
            I thought about teleportation nature on SetLocation, but I cant find any other means to move actor, not a pawn or character, but a dynamic actor without physic simulation. If there are any other method - I will be very grateful for pointing me in the right direction. I just trying to move Actor forward and detect it hit other Actor.

Comment

This is all I was able to find on how to do that, but I have no experience with it myself - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-friction.html

Comment

Originally posted by evillego6 View Post
                This is all I was able to find on how to do that, but I have no experience with it myself - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-friction.html
                Unfortunately this is for physics simulated objects only.(

Comment

In the Set Actor Location function set 'Sweep' to true. See if that changes anything
                  I expected challenges - but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by mindfane View Post
                    In the Set Actor Location function set 'Sweep' to true. See if that changes anything
                    Its working, but it not enabels hit events, but stops moving when cilliding, and its stops moving forward even if its collided from side or bottom. But I need Event Hit data without forcing to stop.

Comment

We might be able to help you better if you explain what you're trying to do. I personally would set them up as projectiles if they are just moving in a line. Or maybe vinterp to a Move Component node so it moves smoothly to your desired location.

Comment

Originally posted by Havoc View Post
                        We might be able to help you better if you explain what you're trying to do. I personally would set them up as projectiles if they are just moving in a line. Or maybe vinterp to a Move Component node so it moves smoothly to your desired location.
                        I want make so that when I press W key some object, not pawn or character, will move forward without physics simulation and when it toches another object ahead then EventHit will fire, but without restrictin a movement, or restricting it only in that dirrection and not all movement at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Battou View Post
                          I want make so that when I press W key some object, not pawn or character, will move forward without physics simulation and when it toches another object ahead then EventHit will fire, but without restrictin a movement, or restricting it only in that dirrection and not all movement at all.
                          Ok looks like you need to listen to 'Event begin Overlap' instead of hit. I think one of the posts above suggests this. Did you try that?
                          I expected challenges - but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by mindfane View Post
                            Ok looks like you need to listen to 'Event begin Overlap' instead of hit. I think one of the posts above suggests this. Did you try that?
                            But I need hit info such as hit point and normal.

Comment

Problem is I think 'Hit' is fired when actor is actually blocked. I played around today with several setup, and this is what I am seeing. Couldn't you try to do a trace from one Actor to the Other within 'Begin Overlap' to get the hit normal and direction?

Comment

Working...
                              X