Endless Runner Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endless Runner Help

Hello I was following the endless runner tutorial, but i was wondering instead of making the player run, How would I make the player run in place and make the level (platform) move to the player. I did finish the all the tutorials so its up and running just trying to change a few things to make it my own.

Thanks!!!!!

Try this:

In your player character blueprint have your inputs set the player running forward, right and left.
    For the floor meshes that are being spawn as shown in the endless runner tutorial, add movement to the floor tile in the blueprint using Add Actor Local Offset node. Checking if the player is running forward left or right and Set Actor Local Offset.

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/mo...ysical-objects

Comment

Originally posted by JayWebb View Post
      Try this:

In your player character blueprint have your inputs set the player running forward, right and left.
      For the floor meshes that are being spawn as shown in the endless runner tutorial, add movement to the floor tile in the blueprint using Add Actor Local Offset node. Checking if the player is running forward left or right and Set Actor Local Offset.

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/mo...ysical-objects

THANK YOU!!!

I am confused on where do I integrate the world offset into the blueprint?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bp floor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	1115444

Also where do I add the left/right movement on this blueprint?

Name:	run character.jpg
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	1115445
      Attached Files

Comment

Since your player is not actually moving you don't need the add movement input nodes.

Inside the player character blueprint you only want to store the Forward Axis values and Right Axis values.

You can move your floor tiles based on these values.

Inside your floor tiles you can set the default movement of the floor tile with On Begin Play
        Then when the axis value changes, the offset vector variable will change the position of the floor tile

Name:	MovingFloorTiles2.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1115467

Name:	MovingFloorTiles.jpg
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1115468

Comment

Thanks I have everything set up like you have but when I run game character does not move nor do the level. i made the axis values 1 in movement to see it that works but nothing happen.

Comment

Working...
          X