Weapon Swapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EniGmaa View Post
    hehe thanks. no there are multiple ways to do it. i was just showing him the simplest way that was like his original setup in the first post. and also because he said "i dont care about animations i just want it to switch"
    Can you show the rest of your first image that you posted up there? The blueprint one.

Comment

What do you mean mate . Everything you need is shown? Which bit are you confused about

Comment

its the missing edge after the "AttachActorToComponet" node... didnt think anything was needed after that though..

Comment

Guys I need some help from those who know Unreal. I don't yet have this code to beable to swap weapons meshes in my game I would like to add that to my game but I don't have the blueprints code.. Although I tried to do the Ledge Grab Tutorial to allow me to run up walls or climb up ledges, that took me four hours to do all the wiring up of all the nodes. but when I tried to run that ledge grab project in 4.8.2, I came across three Duplicate Function Blueprint Errors in the Anim Blueprint and It refused to compile, and I do NOT know how to resolve this type of error because Unreal can't even find the links to the nodes to show me where the hyperlink blueprint nodes with the error are located because there's 0 warnings.

Compiler errors:

Error Found more than one function with the same name ClimbingKnees_BI;
          second occurance at (none)

Error Found more than one function with the same name WallSliding_BI;

Error Found more than one function with the same name ClimbingLedge_BI;

Warning [0352.21] Compile of ThirdPersonAnimBlueprint failed. 3 Fatal Issue(s) 0 Warning(s) [in 333 ms]

This is the results I'm getting after manually wiring the project in 4.8.2

Unreal is giving me compile errors on the Anim Blueprint to do with Blueprint Interface functions but can't find the nodes causing the errors. The Tutorial was made with version 4.8 and I did the tutorial in Version 4.8.2 of the engine. Because I couldn't do the tutorial in version 4.12 because when I tried to migrate the project from 4.8 to 4.12 it crashed on loading the project.

But When I reloaded the 4.12 engine up again and opened up all the blueprints files of the project manually to see what's going on, all the blueprints were full of blueprint warnings notices on their nodes. all were missing their functions.

Is this some kind of compatability issue that I've run into?

I also don't have any animation with my third person working anymore because the anim blueprint can't compile even though the animations are still all intact and working in the animation folder. so all I have is a guy in a t-pose moving around with no animations playing anymore so I know the anim state machine has stopped working, the animations are not getting passed because of the compiler error.. The rest of the blueprints are not showing any warning signs or errors..

Last edited by tozan; 08-22-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EniGmaa View Post
            What do you mean mate . Everything you need is shown? Which bit are you confused about
            Hey, I'm getting an error when trying to change, here are my screenshots corresponding with yours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AgmByNB.png
Views:	1
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	1114297

Name:	iDhIeGI.png
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	1114298

Name:	OO7BDc5.png
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	1114299

Here's the error:

Name:	owhsZrE.png
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	1114300

Comment

Just read the exception.
              It says Shotgun/Pistol does not exist. Make sure you have set a valid reference.

Comment

2nd image down its not connected to anything?

Comment

Originally posted by tozan View Post
                  Guys I need some help from those who know Unreal. I don't yet have this code to beable to swap weapons meshes in my game I would like to add that to my game but I don't have the blueprints code.. Although I tried to do the Ledge Grab Tutorial to allow me to run up walls or climb up ledges, that took me four hours to do all the wiring up of all the nodes. but when I tried to run that ledge grab project in 4.8.2, I came across three Duplicate Function Blueprint Errors in the Anim Blueprint and It refused to compile, and I do NOT know how to resolve this type of error because Unreal can't even find the links to the nodes to show me where the hyperlink blueprint nodes with the error are located because there's 0 warnings.

Compiler errors:

Error Found more than one function with the same name ClimbingKnees_BI;

Error Found more than one function with the same name WallSliding_BI;

Error Found more than one function with the same name ClimbingLedge_BI;

Warning [0352.21] Compile of ThirdPersonAnimBlueprint failed. 3 Fatal Issue(s) 0 Warning(s) [in 333 ms]

This is the results I'm getting after manually wiring the project in 4.8.2

Unreal is giving me compile errors on the Anim Blueprint to do with Blueprint Interface functions but can't find the nodes causing the errors. The Tutorial was made with version 4.8 and I did the tutorial in Version 4.8.2 of the engine. Because I couldn't do the tutorial in version 4.12 because when I tried to migrate the project from 4.8 to 4.12 it crashed on loading the project.

But When I reloaded the 4.12 engine up again and opened up all the blueprints files of the project manually to see what's going on, all the blueprints were full of blueprint warnings notices on their nodes. all were missing their functions.

Is this some kind of compatability issue that I've run into?

I also don't have any animation with my third person working anymore because the anim blueprint can't compile even though the animations are still all intact and working in the animation folder. so all I have is a guy in a t-pose moving around with no animations playing anymore so I know the anim state machine has stopped working, the animations are not getting passed because of the compiler error.. The rest of the blueprints are not showing any warning signs or errors..

yeah hope you saved a copy before migration to different version.. generally mine dies and have to remake after that mess..

Comment

Working...
                  X