making a 3d radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making a 3d radar

I'm trying to figure out how to take the xyz cords or objects in the game and place a dot in a smaller sphere(the radar) I found tutorials on mini maps .. placing a camera over head and only displaying certain things..

what its for is a space game(the reason for 3d radar instead of 2d minimap) so when the ship rotates .. the radar will rotate also.

I'm welcome to any idea .. even ditching my placing dots inside a sphere

the top left one.
    a 3d sphere with a plain though the center to display the horizon and north with the arrow.
    I'm using a cature2d to display it on a umg widget

OK so.

Not an expert, but start perusing this at least: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ts/Blueprints/

Using a multicast, you probably could either make a shape, or spin a raycast around, to get a list of objects.

Then, probably using an array of some sort, you could build an object list, that you would then feed into the render code - subtract your position from the objects' position to get a relative position, then divide the vector by a factor so that it would fit into your radar, and then add the "center dot" of the radar as a coordinate before telling your render code to add a dot at that location.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Yes I was thinking of using a raycast. How resource heavy is it

Comment

Working...
      X