Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I disable friction, drag, or inertia damping on player character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    bumping old threads, but I'd like to know this aswell.

I have a camera on a pawn, and a blueprint for panning the camera, but it acts like I'm moving a character, it has even inherited character movement, however I can't disable the physics. I wanted the panning to be more like raw mouse input but it is always affected by inertia and it's driving me crazy.

Leave a comment:

• How can I disable friction, drag, or inertia damping on player character?

I'm expanding on the "Endless Runner" blueprint tutorial in the UE4 documentation. I'd like to completely disable friction, drag and inertia damping from the player character, to remove a few unwanted effects. In particular, I'm having problems with;

- The character slows down to 1/4 max forward movement speed, when moving forward (parallel) along a wall while "pressing" into it by moving in the walls direction.
    - The character slows down to 1/2 max forward movement speed, when its left/right movement inputs are triggered rapidly.

The result I'm looking for, is to always be running at max forward speed, no matter if I'm pressing into the wall I'm running along, or any other factor. Please let me know if you know a great way to resolve this issue. Thanks!
Working...
X