Blueprint Interface Event Call Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueprint Interface Event Call Trouble

I'm working off the Twin Stick tutorial, at Step11.

I have created a Blueprint Interface, as shown in the video, but when it comes to calling the Event from my Enemy Character Blueprint, I only get the option for Function calls, no Event. I have made sure to link the Blueprint Interface within the Class Settings, and compile/save.

What's strange is that I can call that Event from my Main Character Blueprint, following the same steps.

Both Enemy and Main Character Blueprints reference the same C++ Parent Class. Why am I able to call the Blueprint Interface Event from one, but not the other?

What am I missing?

Don't quite get a question, so

Is your Call Function looks like one on the LEFT but not one on the RIGHT ? Click image for larger version

Name:	p9DiN.png
Views:	1
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1107322
    If that's the case, you need to turn off context sensitive and find "%Functon Name% Message", this happens because blueprint caller have interface implemented.

Comment

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I finally noticed that my Construction Script and Event Graph tabs got swapped in the one blueprint I thought wasn't working. Once I realized this, switched to Event Graph, it worked fine...

Noob shame!

Thanks for the feedback anyway!

Comment

OMG I'm so embarrassed as well.
        I mistook my function graph as event graph...

Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Working...
        X