How to make non physics mesh float?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make non physics mesh float?

How would I go about making a non physics/no collision mesh float? I want it to subtly move up and down in almost a bouncing fashion. Is this possible through blueprints?

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Something like this, maybe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	28e243933841566b856145309cbc0ccd.png
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1107200

Name:	c7ccbedd37de70e0658331a2477d24ea.gif
Size:	526.9 KB
ID:	1107201
    They broke the signatures so I removed mine thinking it'd be awhile. The signatures work again, but I haven't redone my signature yet.

Comment

Thanks a lot KorkuVeren, that worked!

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
        Thanks a lot KorkuVeren, that worked!
        Try playing with the values a bit (if you copied node for node). You should be able to get the exact effect you want this way.
        They broke the signatures so I removed mine thinking it'd be awhile. The signatures work again, but I haven't redone my signature yet.

Comment

Also you can add more complexity and pseudorandomness to the bounce by combining sines and cosines in interesting ways.
          substitute time for X in the below graphic. Also both ranges go from -1 to +1, the green line has just been moved up for clear presentation.

Name:	WaveyMotion.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1107229

Comment

Originally posted by KorkuVeren View Post
            Try playing with the values a bit (if you copied node for node). You should be able to get the exact effect you want this way.
            Indeed I was able to tweak the effect to my liking. Thanks!
            [MENTION=7887]Vailias[/MENTION] - I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
            X