Quick question blueprint character movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question blueprint character movement

Hey guys so I've been learning the basics of blueprints and I have my own camera that works great and I have a character that also moves however I need to find a way to move the character without clicking him it sounds easy and probably is im just missing something, the camera has to stay separate which I have working at the mo and I just want to click the ground and the guy will move to the location seperately from the camera.

I kind of just need a way to make him the target object in the move character to node however im unsure of how to do it :P

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mistake_Halp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	1182867
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3...w?usp=drivesdk

Apologies if this sounds confusing trying to get my head round everything and its slowly coming but theres so much to learn
    Last edited by Ziphy; 05-25-2016, 07:42 AM.

Create a new variable inside this class that is a reference to your character class. In the Begin play, I suggest you set this reference value by get your player controller and get controlled pawn.

Comment

Hey Gbr

Thanks for the info worked like a charm i just got round to implementing it tonight

Not sure if its any use but i think the best way to repay for the help is to put an image of the blueprints out there for other people who probably dont have this issue :P

its in two parts the first part is the controlled camera

Name:	Part1_Camera_BP.jpg
Size:	675.2 KB
ID:	1107035

and then the second part is in the level blueprint

Name:	Part2_Level_BP.jpg
Size:	538.1 KB
ID:	1107036

It took me a little while to understand everything but with the help above and the Unreal wiki on referencing blueprints its easy dam it feels good :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ziphy View Post
        Hey Gbr

Thanks for the info worked like a charm i just got round to implementing it tonight

Not sure if its any use but i think the best way to repay for the help is to put an image of the blueprints out there for other people who probably dont have this issue :P

its in two parts the first part is the controlled camera
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]94861[/ATTACH]

and then the second part is in the level blueprint
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]94862[/ATTACH]

It took me a little while to understand everything but with the help above and the Unreal wiki on referencing blueprints its easy dam it feels good :P
        I'm glad you made it!

And thanks for sharing your solution, there's no better way to repay the forums than that!

Comment

Working...
        X