Movement question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWipiS View Post
    good to know that Event Graph same as Update in unity I fixed that. now trying to find way how to check character is using controller rot. Thanks!
    Ah no, don't get that wrong. The Event Tick is the Update Function.
    The Event Graph isn't really a thing i can describe. x)
    Open for contracted work | C++/BP (incl. Multiplayer) | Tutoring | VR

My UE4 Blog/Page with Tutorials and more: Hit me for ALL the things!
    (Including 100+ Pages Multiplayer Network Compendium to get you started.)

Comment

I was thinking about Event tick and wrote graph sorry this is my mistake. Just short question, there are a CharacterMovement(Inherited) can I override by making new function with movement?

P.S. now my player turns where I click, thanks to you!

Comment

You mean the component on the left? This is from the "ACharacter" C++ Class. If you don't need it, you should use a "APawn" which is the Parent of "ACharacter" and does not have
        the CharacterMovementComponent. But i think you need that for the MoveToFunction stuff.

You can't override that in BPs i guess. You would need to override it in C++ and create your own Child of "APawn" where you add your own overridden CharacterMovementComponent Class.
        So in fact, create your own "ACharacter" class from which you then could create a BP Child again.

But for what do you need to override stuff in that component? Is there something specific you thought about?

Comment

I think I can use that movement class. I just want to have a proper name on these different movement(like run, walk...), you know space ship flying
          And in my game there will be more than one ship for player to choose with different speed and other stuff.
          Last edited by SWipiS; 02-27-2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

The MovementComponent should have states like this already.

Comment

Have walking, jumping,swimming, flying and custom movement. I asking because I will need to have 3 different speed for ship movement.

Comment

Originally posted by SWipiS View Post
                Have walking, jumping,swimming, flying and custom movement. I asking because I will need to have 3 different speed for ship movement.
                You just add 3 different float values to your Ship Pawn Blueprint. No need to alter the MovementComponent.

Comment

yea I guess alot to learn need first

Thank you! you are the best

Comment

Working...
                  X