Use Physics and moveto with Character Blueprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Physics and moveto with Character Blueprint

I am rather new to this and this is an Problem, I don't seem to be able to find a solution on my own with google so far: I have a Character Pawn Blueprint, that is a Tank that can be moved to where you click. But the Tank stays all time Vertical, even when moving up on terrain, activating physics solves that behavior, but then the tank wont move at all. What I basicly need is just that the verhicle is correctly on the ground not more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	q_001.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	598.4 KB
ID:	1169395 <-- What I want
    Click image for larger version

Name:	q_002.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	464.2 KB
ID:	1169396 <-- How it moves :-/

If you wan't to use physics I would recommend not using the ACharacter class and instead the APawn class and code out the behavior you want. If you insist on using the ACharacter class then what you will want to do is a line trace down from the front and/or rear of the tank mesh. Get the impact normal and rotate (using lerp_rot) the character MESH(not actor) to match the impact normal.
    Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
    Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
    Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
    Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
    Digital Portfolio

Comment

Working...
    X