Lets Make: Pawn from Blueprint in a Blank Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Wwell the .ini is very easy to make i think everyone can make it , the idea is to know what should be bound to axis and what to action .
    + someone might want to name the input "askjh" instead of MoveForward. :P

exodune my hierarchy is Is
    Capsule[ROOT]
    ---Mesh
    ---Springarm
    -----Camera( the camera is attached to the springarm)
    also check the rotate with controller settings

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey there! I like the way this is going, but my problem right now is that if i have the Capsule as the camera's parent, when I move my mouse to the side, the camera just keeps moving. I know why that is, but don't you have the same problem too? Considering we kind of have the same blueprint?
    The weird thing is if I have the camera as the Capsule's parent, that problem isnt there, but I don't think having the camera as the game character's parent isn't right. Or is it?
    Cheers.
    Last edited by exodune; 03-27-2014, 07:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's a different ini than you have in the first post, just a heads up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rambo20 paste this and save it as thenamedoesnotmatter.ini ; Then Go To Edit>Project Settings>Engine>Input>import and then you should have it

Code:

[/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_LeftX",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_LeftY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_RightX",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Gamepad_RightY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.250000,Sensitivity=1.000000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="MouseX",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.000000,Sensitivity=0.070000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="MouseY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.000000,Sensitivity=0.070000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    bEnableMouseSmoothing=True
    DoubleClickTime=0.200000
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="Jump",Key=SpaceBar,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False)
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="Jump",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False)
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="Crouch",Key=RightControl,bShift=False,bCtrl=True,bAlt=False)
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="Crouch",Key=C,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False)
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="Lclick",Key=LeftMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False)
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="Rclick",Key=RightMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False)
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="RollLeft",Key=Q,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False)
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="RollRight",Key=E,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=W,Scale=1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=S,Scale=-1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Up,Scale=1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Down,Scale=-1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=A,Scale=-1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Gamepad_LeftX,Scale=1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookRight",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveUp",Key=LeftControl,Scale=-1.000000)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveUp",Key=SpaceBar,Scale=1.000000)
    bAlwaysShowTouchInterface=False
    DefaultTouchInterface=/Engine/MobileResources/HUD/DefaultVirtualJoysticks.DefaultVirtualJoysticks
    ConsoleKey=Tilde
    bRequireCtrlToNavigateAutoComplete=False

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking at the latest example I see a 'Get input axis move up' for the life of me I can't find out how to create this node. I'm able to create the move forward and the move right nodes though. What am I missing haha. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome, that latest one works pretty well! it feels a little floaty, but it works!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I made something and here it is. Hope it helps

Capsule
    Physics
    Simulate Physics true

Angular damping 50
    Linear damping 5

Collision
    Block All

Spring Arm
    Camera
    Target Arm Length 0
    Camera Settings
    Use Controller View Rotation true

Camera
    Camera Settings
    Use Controller View Rotation False

And here is the script

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I followed what you have and it kind of works, it spawns me inside the ground though, whether I use spawn from Player Start or from camera view. Also, the camera is constantly spinning right. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by zombie112; 03-24-2014, 11:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JamesG View Post
    Good idea about a tutorial that goes from blank to something useful. I'll see if I can put something like that together next week!

We actually have something just like that already for C++ on the wiki, and a some of it still relevant if you are using BPs:
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/First_...ter_(Tutorial)
    That would be super useful and very much appreciated. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice I made my pawn and now I'm working on some melee weapons that can interact with Apex Destructibles and when I'm done i will post some blueprints

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i started to delve into a similar PC/Pawn as well using the UFO blueprint as a general guide. i found a good way to implement gravity is to turn on physics simulation in your component defaults of your root object, and then during tick, add an impulse force of whatever you want your lift force to be. the event is then driven through a gate so when 'jump' is pressed, the gate is open and when it is released, the gate closes. the drawback here is that with this method, you have to deal with stabilization (physics handler damping and stiffness), so maybe there's a better way. i should be able to post the blueprint later tonight, but thought i'd add this note while taking a 2min break from the day job.

here's the basic lift control:

and here's a video of the result:
    Last edited by paradoc; 03-24-2014, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks man did not know that it will sure as hell help me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bobbyremone View Post
    Hahaha this is so true.
    Open the content examples project then open the Blueprint_Input_Examples.umap, the last example in that map is the UFO with physics driven movement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Midnight640 View Post
    Physics Thrusters are so much fun
    Hahaha this is so true.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good idea about a tutorial that goes from blank to something useful. I'll see if I can put something like that together next week!

We actually have something just like that already for C++ on the wiki, and a some of it still relevant if you are using BPs:
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/First_...ter_(Tutorial)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X