Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone adapted the UMG D&D Inventory system from the Unreal Twitch Stream for use in a network game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone adapted the UMG D&D Inventory system from the Unreal Twitch Stream for use in a network game?

(D&D = Drag and Drop, not anything else that might come to mind )

If so, would you have the time to give an outline of the changes necessary to make it work?
    I have been researching this for a couple of weeks but am no closer to understanding what needs to be done than when I started.

I have the system working in single player, but in multiplayer with dedicated server the inventory is wonky. (Inventory window does not drag, players show same inventory objects regardless of who picked them up, etc.)

WIP Thread

I've made my own inventory system that works for multiplayer. I will try to find it, since it's been awhile since I used it and post it here. Will probably be here tomorrow.
    Movable Widgets

Comment

In about 10 minutes I had everything setup to work with multiplayer, though sharing screenshots would be pointless as I have drastically modified it. Some things that I can tell you are that none of my player controller variables are replicated, here is a screenshot of the item overlap event I have (it is large, zoom in):
      Click image for larger version

Name:	b58ba77fa4.png
Views:	1
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	1091975

Obviously a few things are different on my end due to custom additions (stacking, etc.), but you should pretty much use everything before the 'Find Slot with Stack Space' function in order to only pick it up on the player that touched it.
      Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Hakabane View Post
        I've made my own inventory system that works for multiplayer. I will try to find it, since it's been awhile since I used it and post it here. Will probably be here tomorrow.
        Thanks! I appreciate that!

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
          In about 10 minutes I had everything setup to work with multiplayer, though sharing screenshots would be pointless as I have drastically modified it. Some things that I can tell you are that none of my player controller variables are replicated, here is a screenshot of the item overlap event I have (it is large, zoom in):
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]63114[/ATTACH]

Obviously a few things are different on my end due to custom additions (stacking, etc.), but you should pretty much use everything before the 'Find Slot with Stack Space' function in order to only pick it up on the player that touched it.
          Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll begin studying this today.

I already have some questions, but I hold them till later.
          Last edited by Rhynedahll; 10-27-2015, 10:26 AM.

WIP Thread

Comment

Sadly I didn't realize that the tutorial was so long so I'm still watching it and making the project myself but as Jamendxman3 did, I will be adding other features that aren't included like stacking. I also have equipping working save for showing the item equipped, though its easy to do
            Movable Widgets

Comment

Working...
            X