Getting random traversable point from recast navmesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting random traversable point from recast navmesh

I'm pretty sure this is incredibly obvious once you know how to doi t, but I have a Navmesh Bounds Volume positioned in my scene, and I'm trying to write a very rudimentary blueprint function that, given a navmesh, returns the coordinates of a random reachable location on that mesh. Get Random Reachable Point in Radius does exactly what I need, but it requires a nav data reference, which I assume means a direct reference to my recast mesh. I have a reference to the bounds volume itself, but I don't see any getters or exposed variables that let me access the navmesh; how do I actually get a reference to the nav data from a reference to the mesh that generates it?

As far as im aware you dont need to supply the NavData reference to the Node.

The small tests that i have done all returned valid locations without a Reference to any NavData object.
    Im an Moderator on UnrealSlackers Discord! Which is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Comment

Oh hey, that works... thanks for the clarification.

I also found https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...tInRadius-in-c to be useful if you want to do the same thing from C++.

Comment

Working...
      X