Constant update of hit location ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant update of hit location ?

Want to set up a draggable actor / mesh etc.

From a widget sending msg (also same in widget), tried an update loop to get hit location. When the msg is received from the widget button as "OnClicked" I get a constant updated location but when from "OnPressed" it won't get an update until released ...
    Attached Files

OnClicked is called when you press and release a button, OnPressed is called as soon as you "press" it down. You can change how OnClicked works under Interaction Method for the button.

Comment

I'm focusing more on the hit result, am well aware of what you've stated. Just a little surprised the hit result is only completed when released.

Is there any way of getting the result whilst on down ?

Comment

They way you are looping that is not a good idea.
        You could set a bool to true when the button is clicked, and false when it's released. And if it's true, you can call that function with a timer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BOh8dy9.png
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1091873

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZCnxMTc.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1091874

The SetTimer calls the custom event UpdateLocation every .2 seconds, which, if the button is pressed, you call your interface etc.

Comment

Thanks, but once again well aware of that, it was just for show purpose.

Still no idea about the location update.

Comment

Ah, sorry, in that case I don't understand your question. It may depend on how you are calling EventBuildMesh, which isn't visible in your screen shot.

Comment

Interface, either from OnClicked / OnPressed.

Comment

Working...
              X