Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How stop execution of anim blueprint?

Hi,

I'm trying to stop execution of anim BP after I have played the death anim montage, but the anim bp always goes back to idle position after finishing the death montage.
    Is there a way to stop execution or another way to implement that?

There was a proposed solution under this link but it doesn't work for BP: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...n-montage.html

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Damir
    Free MiniMap Widget: UE4 Minimap on GitHub
    Free Widget for Customizing UMG Layout: UE4 Custom UMG Layout on GitHub

Do you try to use the node "Montage Pause" when the montage is almost finished ?

Comment

Originally posted by Baitot View Post
      Do you try to use the node "Montage Pause" when the montage is almost finished ?
      Hi Baitot,

thanks for the feedback.
      I did try the montage pause but it's also not working, just the montage is paused but the anim BP keeps running.
      There must be a general approach to character or pawn death.

Regards,
      Damir

Comment

So, I don't know how you can do with a montage :x.
        However, you can add a state in your Animgraph (in your Animation Blueprint).

Comment

Originally posted by Baitot View Post
          So, I don't know how you can do with a montage :x.
          However, you can add a state in your Animgraph (in your Animation Blueprint).
          Yeah, I think that is the right approach, to make a new state in the AnimBP with one-way transition on IsDead==true and no way back to idle_walk_run.

Comment

Got a similar problem: I've added an isDead state but he flips back to the T-Pose shortly after the ragdoll starts. Any idea? What would you need to know?

Comment

Nevermind, figured it out. I had a hit reaction that would cause him to flop a little and then reset physics blend to 0. Now it checks if he's dead first before blending back.

Comment

Working...
              X