Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to bind print string score to widget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I explained this in my post. Read it. Basically I have the Spawner placed in the world just one. However that single spawner spawns multiple enemies randomly right when you hit the play button through the enemy BP in my 2nd uploaded image. That's where the scoring is. Every time you kill a enemy it add one point to the score as you can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Spookey0188 View Post
      I explained this in my post. Read it. Basically I have the Spawner placed in the world just one. However that single spawner spawns multiple enemies randomly right when you hit the play button through the enemy BP in my 2nd uploaded image. That's where the scoring is. Every time you kill a enemy it add one point to the score as you can see.
      My bad. Keep the create widget in your level blueprint. Click on your spawner in the level, and then go into the level blueprint and right click, and then place a reference to the spawner, and then connect that to the widget spawner input. You can now use data from your spawner in the widget, so just bind the variables.
      Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

I'm sorry but how do you bind the variables. Thatsbsomething in don't get since I don't use widgets at all

Comment

There is no way to "bind variables" per se, but you can bind the text in the widget to a variable.Go into your widget and click on your text object, and in the details panel find the text value, and to the right of it you should see a bind option. Click on bind and then click "Create Binding". It should now create a function. In the function you'll want to connect the score from your spawner reference to the text return value on the function. You have now bound the score to the text widget.
          Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
          Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
          Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Ok thanks i got it to work!

Comment

Working...
            X