3D character with locked 2D movement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D character with locked 2D movement?

Hey guys, been trying to figure out how to do this for a while now and been having zero luck. In short I'm trying to make a mobile game with a very similar character movement to HungryShark- I want a 3D character that is able to move up/down/left/right while being able turn its axis (left/right).

Anyone able to point me in the right direction or give an example? Help would be very much appreciated

There should be a side scroller example when you start up the editor for a new project. One that doesn't use the 2D Framework. Try and dissect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vipar View Post
      There should be a side scroller example when you start up the editor for a new project. One that doesn't use the 2D Framework. Try and dissect that.
      Thanks for pointing me in (hopefully) the right direction. Been playing with the side-scroller example and while I'm able to make the character move along the X/Y axis just fine following the blueprint set-up they've got but I still can't get the Z (up/down) to work at all Idea is I want to be able to move on the Y(Left/Right) and Z(Up/Down) like a spaceship/fish.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteHyena View Post
        Thanks for pointing me in (hopefully) the right direction. Been playing with the side-scroller example and while I'm able to make the character move along the X/Y axis just fine following the blueprint set-up they've got but I still can't get the Z (up/down) to work at all Idea is I want to be able to move on the Y(Left/Right) and Z(Up/Down) like a spaceship/fish.
        Then use their Top Down example (I believe they have one).

Comment

Working...
        X