Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotation/Yaw Control

Hi there,

I am trying to map a control so that when I hit D (right movement), the character will move to the right as well as rotate a perfect 90 degrees. How can I do this with blueprints?

Oh, and how can I remove the ease in for the movement? When I move the character, he starts off slow then winds up to being fast. I want to remove that wind up in entirety and keep it always the same speed.

Thank you!

All the best,
    Matt

I am trying to map a control so that when I hit D (right movement), the character will move to the right as well as rotate a perfect 90 degrees. How can I do this with blueprints?
    Do you want it to rotate over time? Instantly?

Oh, and how can I remove the ease in for the movement? When I move the character, he starts off slow then winds up to being fast. I want to remove that wind up in entirety and keep it always the same speed.
    Increase the acceleration in your character movement component, also increase the braking deceleration to remove the stop ease.
    Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
    Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
    Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Hey man, thanks for the reply!

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
      Do you want it to rotate over time? Instantly?
      Over time (well, basically a split second but the camera needs to rotate smoothly).

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
      Increase the acceleration in your character movement component, also increase the braking deceleration to remove the stop ease.
      Awesome! That worked! Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by cruisy18 View Post
        Hey man, thanks for the reply!

Over time (well, basically a split second but the camera needs to rotate smoothly).
        Hi there,

Sorry to bump - just wondering if anybody has any answers for me?

Thanks!

Matt

EDIT: I would like to add more detail to my request to better assist anyone willing to help me.

I am trying to create a control that makes the player direction rotate 90 degrees instantly, however, I want the character model and the camera (third person) to change direction smoothly.

The mechanics I have in mind of the game are as such so that the character can only rotate every 90 degrees (mouse look is disabled). Ideally, the player will be running while making these turns.

I hope this helps!
        Last edited by cruisy18; 09-21-2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

This might help! Might need to watch the whole thing to find the point, but he covers quite a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJ5q8eA3yA

Comment

Originally posted by Kyroce View Post
            This might help! Might need to watch the whole thing to find the point, but he covers quite a bit.

Thanks! It's a long video and not in English (gulp!) but I'll give it a shot when I have time!

Is there a specific section in that video that kind of covers what I'm trying to achieve (just because it is so long and I'm kinda strapped for time these days)?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyroce View Post

Hi Kyroce,

I watched the whole video and unfortunately there was nothing there that had anything to do with turning!

Thanks anyway! It looks like there's some stuff there I could reference in the future!

All the best,
              Matt

Comment

Working...
              X