• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix broken reference in asset

Hello,

I changed the project name and some folder names using this guide:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...c-project.html

though the project built fine with the changes, I have some BPs and assets seems hold references to old project name:

Code:
    Error /Game/UIResources/SGTooltipBP : Can't find file for asset. /Script/Spirits
    Info Failed to load /Script/Spirits.SGTooltip Referenced by PackageMetaData
    Info Failed to load /Script/Spirits.SGTooltip Referenced by SGTooltipBP
    Error /Game/Maps/mainmenu : Can't find file for asset. /Script/Spirits
    Info Failed to load /Script/Spirits.SpiritsGameInstance Referenced by K2Node_DynamicCast_1
    Info Failed to load /Script/Spirits.SpiritsGameInstance Referenced by EdGraphPin_137
    Info Failed to load /Script/Spirits.SpiritsGameInstance Referenced by K2Node_VariableSet_2
    Info Failed to load /Script/Spirits.SpiritsGameInstance Referenced by EdGraphPin_78
    Info Failed to load /Script/Spirits.SpiritsMenuGameMode Referenced by WorldSettings
    how can I fix these problems (I cant open the assets ofc due to error...)?

thanks,
    Gabor

Wow. Almost 4 years have gone by and no body bothered to help this Samaritan out.

Comment

Yeah, Shame too. We're having the same problem. Our game shows errors of references to an old file that was deleted ages ago. Even though we carefully removed and replaced references before deleting it and fixed up re-directors. The errors now show up. Weird because they didn't show up right when the file was deleted, but a while later.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ReferenceErrors.jpg Views:	1 Size:	40.9 KB ID:	1688568

E_Class doesn't exist anymore as it was replaced with a c++ Enumeration (BlueprintType). And the file DT_Items never even had the E_Class enum in its structure.
      Last edited by Mewbits; 11-18-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X