X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Rudy Triplett View Post
    Hello razee01,

I was unsure as to what exactly your limitations were for the project you are working on so made an example that does not use a nav mesh bounds volume. It simply sets a direction and a goal and moves the player towards that goal a set amount. The 500 that is being used to multiply the forward vector is the distance the player is going to travel. If you are using a nav mesh you could use a "simple move to" node to accomplish the same thing. I hope this example helps.
    Hi Rudy,
    Thanks for the reply. I tried your way. But anyhow I finished with this one. It worked.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2015-09-04 08.37.01.png
Views:	2
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1086994

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gbr View Post
    Fixed value you mean a fixed Speed? Velocity?
    Fixed value means a fixed distance. I want to move the character a fixed distance at a direction of 90 degree left or right where the character is facing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fixed value you mean a fixed Speed? Velocity?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello razee01,

I was unsure as to what exactly your limitations were for the project you are working on so made an example that does not use a nav mesh bounds volume. It simply sets a direction and a goal and moves the player towards that goal a set amount. The 500 that is being used to multiply the forward vector is the distance the player is going to travel. If you are using a nav mesh you could use a "simple move to" node to accomplish the same thing. I hope this example helps.

Example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MoveToNoNavMeshHelp.png
Views:	1
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	1086962

Make it a great day

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How to move my character a fixed value

How to move my character a fixed value

Hi, How can I move my character a fixed value with a single press ?
    Thanks.
Working...
X