Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic values in timeline-keyframes?

Hi there,

similar threads doesnt really solve my problem...

I want to setup a door-preset where i can change the max opening-angle of the door by using an editable variable. So i managed the timeline with a keyframe using a static value of 90deg. But i want this value to get from the variable.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Rather than having the timeline go from 0-90, have it go from 0-1, and then hook up the alpha of a 'Lerp' to the timeline value, the A on the lerp should be 0, the B can be your dynamic value. A lerp is a node that blends between 2 values using the alpha. When the alpha is 0, it will output the A value, when it is .5, it will output the average of A & B, and when the alpha is 1, it will output B.
    Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
    Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
    Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Probably a bit confusing for someone new, i'll post some screens in a few hours to show you.
      | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

A Screenshot would be great!

Nevertheless i will test that tomorrow... i think i understand what you try to explain me... thank you very much!
        I will give a reply if i succeed.

Comment

Here are some screenshots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3def23ccb6.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1086843
          The timeline should go from 0 to 1 in any amount of time, the length should be how long you want your transition/rotation to take.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b8ca5ee299.png
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1086844
          The lerp should be hooked up like this, I am just rotating my actor by their pitch in my example, but the Lerp's 'Return Value' will be the rotation you'll want to use.
          Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
          Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
          Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Works!
            Thank you very much, that helps me a lot!

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
              X