No announcement yet.

Input Held Down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why there are no hold down button event ?? is it hard to make one ? pls epic team make an event for hold down button .

i spent all day to find a good method and found this which it worked for me and my IQ i think raised by +1 after losing during research

here it is ,a R delay hope it will work for you guys :

Click image for larger version

Name:	hold.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1106497

ignore the branch of hold jump its part of my project , and the event you want to be trigger put it instead of "start floating event " .
    Last edited by mhnoni; 05-16-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Here's a good way to get the Widget Interaction Component and your 3D Widget working with a MOUSE CLICK.

Go into your Characters blueprint.

1. +Add a "Widget Interaction" component from the component window.
      2. +Add a "Widget" component from the component window.
      3. Make sure the Widget Component has your Widget of choice in the 'widget class'.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	1116285

These are my settings for the Widget interaction component:

Size:	368.2 KB
ID:	1116286

Go into the graph editor of the blueprint widget you selected before.
      Find your desired button, (or whatever you are using. I've only tested this for buttons), you want to work with the Widget Interaction component.
      Click the ">OnHovered" Event for that button.

Then do this for that OnHovered event:

Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1116282

It is worth noting I have another identical button that gets created on top as soon as the button (involved in this tutorial) is clicked. That means if I added this system to that new button it will jump into a fast loop requiring the need for a doOnce node.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TroJanVirus; 10-06-2016, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mxnko View Post
        You can also use Retriggerable Delay loop back and control when the value is read. See pic:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20380[/ATTACH]
        Thanks! It what to need)
        Igor, swamper, sole proprietorship

Comment

Not to bring a dead thread back to life, but I implemented my own system using only the game time, a bool and simple arithmetic if anybody is interested. You just get the game time when the key is pressed, record it, then get the game time when the key is released and record it. Subtract the value from when the key was released by when the key was pressed, and if the difference in time is larger than a predefined value, then it will trigger the held boolean value and switch the branch to the Held function. Click image for larger version

Name:	HeldKeyFunc.png
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1623589

Comment

Working...
          X