Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make a Third Person shooter with blueprints in UE4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I make a Third Person shooter with blueprints in UE4?

I can't find a tutorial so the Title says all .
    Last edited by Fighter; 08-28-2015, 04:25 AM.

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
    I can't find a tutorial so the Title says all .
    You can't find a Tutorial for that, because there won't be a Tutorial to make your full game.
    Break the Game into pieces and try to search for parts of it.

Settings up Weapons, Shooting, Movement, etc. Then you will find tutorials.
    Open for contracted work | C++/BP (incl. Multiplayer) | Tutoring | VR

My UE4 Blog/Page with Tutorials and more: Hit me for ALL the things!
    (Including 100+ Pages Multiplayer Network Compendium to get you started.)

Comment

Originally posted by eXi View Post
      You can't find a Tutorial for that, because there won't be a Tutorial to make your full game.
      Break the Game into pieces and try to search for parts of it.

Settings up Weapons, Shooting, Movement, etc. Then you will find tutorials.
      All what I need to get out with from this thread is making the "Movement".

Edit: I am having problems because the 3rd person template is using a 1D blend-space
      Last edited by Fighter; 08-25-2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

What kind of movement would you like to create? -> e.g take a look at the couch knight demo, there they use a 2d blendspace + use the prototype animations from the marketplace (they are free)

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
          What kind of movement would you like to create? -> e.g take a look at the couch knight demo, there they use a 2d blendspace + use the prototype animations from the marketplace (they are free)
          I want to make a 3rd person shooter movement (Strafe Right/Left Walk Forward/Backward without rotating the character) and I will see the assets.

Comment

On the Third-Person Character blueprint, go to the Defaults tab I believe it is, may have to select the Mesh or Collision Sphere, and deselect Orient Rotation to camera yaw ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
              On the Third-Person Character blueprint, go to the Defaults tab I believe it is, may have to select the Mesh or Collision Sphere, and deselect Orient Rotation to camera yaw ?
              It moves in all directions without rotation but all the animations (Strafe Right/Left and Walk Forward/Backward) are the same (Forward Animation)

Comment

For different animations, you would need to do different BlendSpaces on the Animation Blueprint. There are tutorials for just that subject out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
                  For different animations, you would need to do different BlendSpaces on the Animation Blueprint. There are tutorials for just that subject out there.
                  I can make blend spaces but I can't find any animations with UE4's base skeleton

Comment

Then you will need to make the animations for the strafing or download them from somewhere else and import them into your game.

Comment

I use mixamo but it's animations doesn't use the base skeleton of UE4

Comment

So change out the UE4 character with 1 of the mixamo characters in your player controller

Comment

Originally posted by ZoltanJr View Post
                          So change out the UE4 character with 1 of the mixamo characters in your player controller
                          How do I do this?

Comment

There is an easier way. <== Click that link. Follow the tutorial describing just what you want to do. Elaborate on it.

Then dazzle us with your creation when its ready.

Comment

Thank you everyone for answering!

Comment

Working...
                              X