Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple enemy spawn animation

Hi all,

At the moment I'm using a simple TriggerBox OnActorBeginOverlap and SpawnAIFromClass to spawn my enemy unit, I'd like to make a cutscene style spawn but have yet to find a successul method of doing this and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Have you taken a look at matinee? It will let you make cinematic effects/camera cutscenes. After you spawn your AI, you can call 'Play Animation', and then use matinee to achieve the desired cinematic look.
    Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
    Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
    Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
      Have you taken a look at matinee? It will let you make cinematic effects/camera cutscenes. After you spawn your AI, you can call 'Play Animation', and then use matinee to achieve the desired cinematic look.
      Thank you for replying.

I have looked at matinee, I'm probably being really thick here but I'm slightly confused by your solution, how would I integrate the play animation?

Comment

You make your Matinee Scene and when spawning the MonsterAI, you simply call the Matinee you created. That's all i guess. You may want to also play an animation
        that you created for your Monster, like crawling out of the ground or what ever you made
        Open for contracted work | C++/BP (incl. Multiplayer) | Tutoring | VR

My UE4 Blog/Page with Tutorials and more: Hit me for ALL the things!
        (Including 100+ Pages Multiplayer Network Compendium to get you started.)

Comment

Originally posted by eXi View Post
          You make your Matinee Scene and when spawning the MonsterAI, you simply call the Matinee you created. That's all i guess. You may want to also play an animation
          that you created for your Monster, like crawling out of the ground or what ever you made
          Thank you for replying also! I really appreciate the help you offer to a total newbie like myself.

My issue with what you're describing (at least to me) is that it will leave one instance of the actor (enemy) in the level as a cutscene element and another as the "AI". If that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
          X