Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help for Camera Shake

Hey!

I need to make a camera shake for about 0.5 seconds but it shouldn't be a "shake" it should be more of a vibration with a bit of blur.

I already got a camera shake object but I have never used these before ever. Anyone who got a clue as to how you would make the camera shake "vibrate" more than "move"?

Looking for sth like this? Following it I believe that you'll get the customization of this vibration you want
    Last edited by Innos; 08-24-2015, 09:28 AM.
    If you wanna develop a Third Person Open World RPG game, Join Us! We are looking for everyone who has passion!
    Facebook: Arhaikos Studios
    WIP Thread of Our Game: ICHOR
    www.arhaikos-studio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Innos View Post
      Looking for sth like this? Following it I believe that you'll get the customization of this vibration you want
      No because that shakes the camera violently. I'd like it to vibrate instead.

Comment

Sure thing, but can't you just adjust the numbers to be very small, so that it isn't so extreme? :O
        Open for contracted work | C++/BP (incl. Multiplayer) | Tutoring | VR

My UE4 Blog/Page with Tutorials and more: Hit me for ALL the things!
        (Including 100+ Pages Multiplayer Network Compendium to get you started.)

Comment

Originally posted by eXi View Post
          Sure thing, but can't you just adjust the numbers to be very small, so that it isn't so extreme? :O
          True but then I still need the motion blur that I'd like too. Any idea how I could implement that? Because I have no idea :')

These are the settings I ended up at:

Click image for larger version

Name:	e6f98e7ef6.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	1084365
          Last edited by OmniOwl; 08-24-2015, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I guess the blur can be implemented with a Post Process Material. You may want to google/youtube that.
            I also remember a UnrealEngine Twitch Stream about that.
            Open for contracted work | C++/BP (incl. Multiplayer) | Tutoring | VR

My UE4 Blog/Page with Tutorials and more: Hit me for ALL the things!
            (Including 100+ Pages Multiplayer Network Compendium to get you started.)

Comment

I made *a* solution I guess. Basically I put a post processing volume on the player and then I gave it the required motion blur values I wanted, made it unbound and disabled it.

Then whenever an obstacle is hit I fire an event I called "MotionBlur" which just turns on the post processing and then turns it off again 1 second later.

Comment

Working...
              X