Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very annoying problem with creating an in-game pause menu with UMG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I am noticing what you are talking about now, I am looking at an old pause screen of mine. Like I said, I never pause with any key held. So I never noticed it.
    Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Wishlist Neko Ghost, Jump! a 2D/3D Puzzle-Platformer : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ko_Ghost_Jump/

Comment

I still haven't been able to find a solution to this very annoying problem. I tried to use the "Set Tickable when Paused" node but that still doesn't work.

Comment

Have you tried to Enable/Disable "tick when paused" on even node itself? I mean in properties of the Event node itself.
        Another option is to change your input to discrete button press instead of Axis input and see if that works.
        Another option is to use your input to flip some Boolean flags and use those to decide if you should move or not.
        Youtube Channel

Comment

"Have you tried to Enable/Disable "tick when paused" on even node itself? I mean in properties of the Event node itself."
          I've made sure to set the "Set Tickable when Paused" node's boolean to true.

"Another option is to change your input to discrete button press instead of Axis input and see if that works."
          I don't quite know what a discrete button press is in UE4 unless you mean movement being assigned to a key on the keyboard rather than an axis event.

"Another option is to use your input to flip some Boolean flags and use those to decide if you should move or not."
          I tried that option before though it didn't work either.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Skull_DX View Post
            "Another option is to change your input to discrete button press instead of Axis input and see if that works."
            I don't quite know what a discrete button press is in UE4 unless you mean movement being assigned to a key on the keyboard rather than an axis event.
            Yes, I mean assigned to key press instead of axis input.
            Youtube Channel

Comment

I don't quite know how to set them up with button presses instead of input axis events.

Comment

It should be simple from -1 to 1 range of values. Instead of Move Right you would have Move Right and Move Left one provide 1 to Add Movement Input and another one provides -1 to it.
                This is just for test anyway, to make sure that Axis Input is the source of the problem.
                Youtube Channel

Comment

I tried to set the movement to input keys instead of axis events but the character rarely moves forward or backward properly compared to the axis events. Also, as mentioned before: When I remove the "Create Widget" or the "Set input mode" nodes, then I am able to pause the game without the bug though my widget isn't there.
                  Last edited by Death_Skull_DX; 08-19-2015, 12:47 PM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

Working...
                  X