How to divide input axis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to divide input axis?

It is simple that each input axis have two type of value, +X/-X or +Y/-Y. How can we divide this input axis in blueprint? I want to use positive and negative axis value separately. Does any body know how to do this?

If i understand the question correctly. Just use a Branch node that checks if it is greater than 0, if it is, its positive, if it isnt its 0 or negative.
    Im an Moderator on UnrealSlackers Discord! Which is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsD View Post
      If i understand the question correctly. Just use a Branch node that checks if it is greater than 0, if it is, its positive, if it isnt its 0 or negative.
      Hi, thanks for replying. But when I try to attach branch node to axis value it shows it is not compatible with float. Can you please show me screenshot or tell me the steps?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1083352

You need to create an > Node and attach it to the Axis Value, it will return a boolean which is what a Branch requires.
        Im an Moderator on UnrealSlackers Discord! Which is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Comment

Hi, thanks. But the next step is how can I use this with movement input. The thing is I want to make a variable for the negative value, which will help me to set different animation for negative value. But when I try to compile it shows error. Here is the screenshot.

Name:	Screenshot 2015-08-07 13.19.05.png
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	1083353

Comment

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	1083354

Use a sequence node to help control the flow of your blueprints.

Comment

Thank you a lot. I will try further if I can do the rest. As my objective was simple. I want to set two different animation for forward movement and backward movement.

Comment

You should check out this episode in an Unreal Engine 4 tutorial series.

Comment

Working...
                X