Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BP don't communicate between each other???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    BP don't communicate between each other???

    Ok , so what I am making is an "MASTER AI " for my game. What I want is an actor, that I can place . Also I want some "Sensors" that tell the "master" a something.


    The PROBLEM is that I cannot get these 2 blueprints (both are based on actor) to talks to each other . I have already made an inventory system (where the pawn triggers events in the weapon and etc...)and I know how to cast and use interfaces .

    I must be missing something because the Interface Events don't get triggered , the get a casting events don't trigger , the event dispatcher events don't trigger.

    so I have no idea

    I don't get errors , the engine does not crash... I'm running 4.1.0
    TA on :
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
    The Division 2

    #2
    Originally posted by Midnight640 View Post
    Ok , so what I am making is an "MASTER AI " for my game. What I want is an actor, that I can place . Also I want some "Sensors" that tell the "master" a something.


    The PROBLEM is that I cannot get these 2 blueprints (both are based on actor) to talks to each other . I have already made an inventory system (where the pawn triggers events in the weapon and etc...)and I know how to cast and use interfaces .

    I must be missing something because the Interface Events don't get triggered , the get a casting events don't trigger , the event dispatcher events don't trigger.

    so I have no idea

    I don't get errors , the engine does not crash... I'm running 4.1.0
    Without watching the BPs it's hard for anyone to understand what the problem might be, from my own experience with interfaces is that you need to be extremely sure that the target is correct, otherwise it just fails silently, this might not be the answer you want/need but until one can see you BPs it's hard to help :P
    Kind Regards,
    Bonny

    Comment


      #3
      ok this is the AI BP (the MASTER) for simplicity I want to send there all the data and it will make a decision like locking doors ...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	m1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1050553

      This is the Sensor that the player will trigger.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	m2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1050554

      This is the interface
      Click image for larger version

Name:	m3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1050555


      I'm sure its simple but for the world I cannot figure it put , and I get only the " SensorDetects " string
      TA on :
      Assassins Creed Origins
      Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
      The Division 2

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Midnight640 View Post
        ok this is the AI BP (the MASTER) for simplicity I want to send there all the data and it will make a decision like locking doors ...
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2254[/ATTACH]

        This is the Sensor that the player will trigger.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2255[/ATTACH]

        This is the interface
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2256[/ATTACH]


        I'm sure its simple but for the world I cannot figure it put , and I get only the " SensorDetects " string
        I think the problem is the interface message target? you have "self" as the target which makes little sense, it should be a variable pointing to the blueprint that you have the "event 123456" in.
        Kind Regards,
        Bonny

        Comment


          #5
          Ok I changed it like this but it doesn't work :/

          Click image for larger version

Name:	m4.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1050559
          TA on :
          Assassins Creed Origins
          Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
          The Division 2

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Midnight640 View Post
            Ok I changed it like this but it doesn't work :/

            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2260[/ATTACH]
            Do you have your "TheMasterVar" set to actor? it need to be set to "Actor" then you need to drag out the blueprint that holds this variable and the blueprint
            you send the interface message to. Then click the blueprint you send from in the level and to the right in the details panel you should see you "TheMasterVariable" and be able to set that variable to
            your targetblueprint.
            Kind Regards,
            Bonny

            Comment


              #7
              I'm sorry but do not understand what you mean
              TA on :
              Assassins Creed Origins
              Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
              The Division 2

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Midnight640 View Post
                I'm sorry but do not understand what you mean
                1. your "TheMasterVar" need to set to type "Actor" in the variable details and be public(yellow/green eye)
                2. drag the blueprint you send from (the one you have OnComponentBeginOverlap) in AND the blueprint which holds the "Event123456" into your level.
                3. In the level click the blueprint that has the OnComponentBeginOverlap and to the right in the details panel you should see your "TheMasterVar" and be able to set it
                to the other blueprint that has the "Event123456".
                I don't know if I can be any more clear than that without replicating and posting images I'm afraid.
                Kind Regards,
                Bonny

                Comment


                  #9
                  NO no no need i got you , weeeeeell it seems like it bugged out or smth. Casting now works fine I am able to cast from "TheMasterVar" (set as actor) to the master BP and just call an event , NO idea why it did not work in the first place


                  Still thanks a ton man
                  TA on :
                  Assassins Creed Origins
                  Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
                  The Division 2

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Midnight640 View Post
                    NO no no need i got you , weeeeeell it seems like it bugged out or smth. Casting now works fine I am able to cast from "TheMasterVar" (set as actor) to the master BP and just call an event , NO idea why it did not work in the first place


                    Still thanks a ton man
                    Glad that it worked out for you in the end I've also experienced the editor acting wierd sometimes but then I just try a restart or worst case scenario a computer restart :P
                    Kind Regards,
                    Bonny

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X