Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want Blueprint TUTORIALS of this UE4 game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you want Blueprint TUTORIALS of this UE4 game?

I made this game in UE4, and some people have asked for blueprints of this. I'll be making the videos but before I seriously get this started I'd like to know what kind of format. It's listed in the polls.

A. In-Depth Overview of the existing games blueprints (will probably be better for me and I`ll save time)
    B. Start it front scratch like a step by step tutorial (I won't do these slow paced)

Here's somethings I will cover, or you can download the game and play to see for yourself

Melee Hack and Slash combat system
    Ranged attacks
    Dodging System
    HP,MP,Stamina system + regeneration
    Damage Counter display
    Character Select Screen
    Level Select Screen
    Animated UI elements
    Radial Health
    Summons AI
    Camera LockOn
    Soundtrack Based on Character
    Beginner Tutorial Level
    The concepts behind every single spell in game
    In-Depth overview of the existing game
    38.30%
    Start from scratch like a step by step
    61.70%
    Last edited by MezioPleo; 06-03-2015, 09:41 AM.
    Available for Freelance (Concept Art/Illustration) - Visit my Portfolio

Hi Mate,

Is it going to be videos or written tutorial?

Narg
    http://www.seven-mountains.eu/

Comment

Originally posted by MezioPleo View Post

I made this game in UE4, and some people have asked for blueprints of this. I'll be making the videos but before I seriously get this started I'd like to know what kind of format. It's listed in the polls.

A. In-Depth Overview of the existing games blueprints (will probably be better for me and I`ll save time)
      B. Start it front scratch like a step by step tutorial (I won't do these slow paced)

Here's somethings I will cover, or you can download the game and play to see for yourself

Melee Hack and Slash combat system
      Ranged attacks
      Dodging System
      HP,MP,Stamina system + regeneration
      Damage Counter display
      Character Select Screen
      Level Select Screen
      Animated UI elements
      Radial Health
      Summons AI
      The concepts behind every single spell in game
      Hi, MezioPleo

First well done on the game, it really does look amazing in my book AAAA* all the way!

Second about the tutorials I voted for the "In-Depth overview of the existing game" because it saves time and its not really something new, you can just point to something that people can already play and then in mind know how certain things were done, which would be nice.

Comment

@Narg - Video tutorials

@MeoDmt - Thanks for the feedback and I guess InDepth will surely save me some time. Checking the votes, maybe it would be good to explain the more complicated things in a step by step format and leave the insignificant things out.

Comment

IF it possible, explain the harder things,

But for the easy bits, just post code for easy reference. You could run over it quickly, like add these variables. Set defaults at this. Here is a PIC.

I think if you skim over 2 much, then you will be hounded with questions.

Add pics and a few notes for the easy stuff.

Or you could do set by step, but a lot of the easy stuff, paste your code in Jpegs and in a quick video explanation of it.

Narg
          Last edited by Narghile; 06-03-2015, 10:00 AM.
          http://www.seven-mountains.eu/

Comment

@MezioPleo. Your welcome!, Yeah that makes sense, well you can always do something similar to that networking blueprints, the way Billy did it was nice, making something simple that people can follow.

But yeah which way ever would be awesome!, looking forward to it!

Comment

Cool thanks for the tips guys I`m gonna plan it out with jpegs w bits of text and videos.

Comment

Now that's exactly what I am looking for. Talk about great timing! Very nicely done demonstration.

I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us next.

Comment

I'm always down to see good blueprint tutorials!

Bring em on!

Comment

I would say yes please.

Comment

i Would love to see how you did this!! many THanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MeoDmt View Post
                        Hi, MezioPleo

First well done on the game, it really does look amazing in my book AAAA* all the way!

Second about the tutorials I voted for the "In-Depth overview of the existing game" because it saves time and its not really something new, you can just point to something that people can already play and then in mind know how certain things were done, which would be nice.
                        I agree with this post all the way. Just giving an overview of how things were done would go a long way, compared to going through bits step-by-step which would take considerably more of your time I imagine.
                        Lastest Developed Games
                        Online Portfolio

Comment

thanks for the feedback,

I'll respect the votes and make the videos from scratch. I'll do my best to edit out the tweaking parts so there's not silent moments of me just fiddling with Blueprint. I'll provide characters and animations.

I'll post a new thread once I have started to upload the videos. In the thread I can post snap shots and explanations of what's happening.

Sorry this took so long XD I had to run around looking for employment so far I haven't had any luck really so I'll make these videos in the mean time.

Cheers.

Comment

Glad you bumped this thread up, always good to see how people approach certain mechanics!

Comment

Yeah I'm in the process of filming the videos, I'll make a clean thread where I can post the screenshots too

Comment

Working...
                              X